How many in the cong visited you when you started fading

by joe134cd 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

Never before has neglect of "duty to encourage" been more warmly received.

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

No visits except attempts by elders until I filed harassment complaint against them...but its interesting..the ones who treated me and my family like utter shit are suddenly VERY nice...I think they know they fucked up by being assholes..I became very vocal about mistreatment by certain ones in our Cong and they now see the result of their error..

.I'm gone....

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

As time goes on shepparding calls will be less and less emphasised by the corporation unless these guys on the Governing Body are totally idiots and they wishfully think that this will keep the memberships intact and worth the effort.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

We used to be the social hub of our congregation. As the only young ones with a house, we even had weddings in our back yard. When we started missing meetings, we were instantly dropped, with hardly a single social visitor or elder visit. The first thing that got the elders to start harrassing me was there were told I went to the engagement party of a disfellowshipped person.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

We started our fade 19 months ago. Right when we started it I found out I had breast cancer. They sent a sister over who had it too but I did not answer the door. They also sent the CO over last year and we have had a few elders stop by along with one phone call. We never answered the door or the phone. We use to have a pioneer/elders wife clean our home for 16 years and we got rid of her after we had been fading for about a year. I couldn't take the fact that she was in our house and I had to hide everything I was reading and couldn't decorate for the holidays.

I think the thing that bothered me the most was one of my good "conditional" friends told me on the phone two weeks into my radiation treatments I was her best friend. That was the last time I ever heard from her which was over a year ago. Great friend!!! Can't even give you support through treatment.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Losingit= In a sense im relieved and happy that I have been able to fade so easily. What I am trying to make sense of was just how easily and quick it has been.I mean I was in the Org for decades, had many contacts, and extended family and yet stop going and they forget pretty quickly. What baffels me most of all is considering the people they are losing particularly in western lands I would of thought they would be putting forth a bit of a better effort to regain the lost sheep.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Here is another example i can think of just how not on the pulse they are with knowing what ones are up to. I remember been in a congregation of a sister who died. Ok although she didn't go knocking on doors she was regular at the meetings. And it wasn't until after she had been buried that i found out she died. Absolutely not a word, and i was very active at the time. Ok the congregation was a big one at the time but now that i look back on it i wounder how i possibly could of not known about it.

• kaik
    kaik

Zero visits in 20 years.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Just some of the elders coming over to reajust my thinking after the wife spilled the beans to them that I had discovered another truth teaching, but yeah no friends no one.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Seven elders at one time or other, phone calls from a couple, CO even came on his own, the jw who converted me all those years ago came twice plus emailed, a pioneer friend and his friend, elder drop in during witnessing: got to the point I'd freak when a car pulled up which wasn't good because a lot of people always park near our house. hasn't been anyone for nearly six months now but the first six months had heaps.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit