Unquestioning obedience

by Phizzy 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

This has been demanded over the years by the WT. It used to be mildly subtle the way the words were couched.

Then they came out with, what they have repeated recently, that it is necessary to obey, even if you cannot understand the reasons, cannot understand why you are being asked to do something.

As a born in I knew nothing of it being a cult, and was only aware of the mind control in a foggy sort of way, accepting it as their way of trying to keep control.

But when I saw those words about Unquestioning Obedience, my blood ran cold, it then hit me that something was wrong, badly wrong.

How did you react ?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I though: 'Uh oooooh, they're going all Jones town on us.'

Yes. I thought it was very dangerous.

Very overtly 'cult'.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

As I look back now, I realise that when I read that, I began my questioning of the whole thing, which eventually freed me.

Thanks GB/Writing Dept. ! for exposing what you really are to a poor,duped Borny-iney.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I found those words chilling too. My thoughts went out to my young nephews who are being indoctrinated into this cult by my fanatical brother.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

In my view, the WT has grown weary of any individual who can think. Thinking people are a threat to WT's tyranny. Bold statements as of late are nothing more than a line in the sand- the underlying message is, "give us unquestioning obedience or hit the road".

'

The type of people the WT is interested in as slaves is readily apparent in WT's methodology: literature volume has been drastically reduced; what remains is dumbed down to the point of being childishly stupid; the Org's "ministry" methods are becoming more lazy and superficial-almost anything now counts as placements, time, and 'productive' contact. The end goal is to lull the unthinking into believing they are actually accomplishing something, when in fact all they are doing is frittering away their lives with WT "busy work".

The feedback I get from JWs about articles like the 7/15/13 "new light" Wt is they don't understand it, and in reality, see no need to. If the GB says it, then it must be true. All they have to do is be good little non-thinking WT drones, and god will smile on them with favor. Even if the GB and the entire group is wrong, god will cut JWs slack for nothing more than surrendering their collective brains to the mind-numbing idiocy of "group think". Simply move with the WT herd and all will be fine...no logical, rational thought required.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

From the Simplified version of the Nov 15th 2013 WT:

"Elders, you can learn some helpful lessons from what we have just discussed: (1) The best thing you can do to prepare for the future attack of “the Assyrian” is to strengthen your faith in God (not the Org???) and help your brothers to do the same. (2) When “the Assyrian” attacks, you must be completely convinced that Jehovah (not the Org?)will save us. (3) At that time, the direction that you receive from Jehovah’s organization may seem strange or unusual. But all of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether we agree with them or not, because obeying these instructions will save our lives. (4) If any are putting their trust in the education of this world, material things, or human organizations, (isn't the WTBTS a human organization???) they must change their way of thinking now. You must be ready to help any who may not be putting their complete trust in Jehovah." (not the Org????)

• prologos
    prologos

I am very disturbed by these OFFICIAL statements. because: having seen the increased fanatisim and desperation resulting from the failed Nazi promises in the waning days of WW2, needless suffering resulted.

Nazi slogans were: " Docile obedience is the FIRST duty of a citizen" Wonder Weapons are on the way, we can not fail" --

more promesses for miraculous development were made.

14 year old boys were organized for last-ditch front-line combat and behind-the-enemy lines guerilla fights and were promptly executed after surrender.

It made no sense, it was scary and wt promises us that their orders will not make sense either.

and the promises wt writers made for the last 100+ years went unfulfilled, empty too,

the latest promises: overlapping two group generation, end soon are desperate irrational knee-jerk reactions to their failures.

Hope after this darkness?

yes, look at us now.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It was one thing when people would come to that decision on their own (I would plant cabbage upside down if the Slave said to do so!).

But now that the "Slave" is DEMANDING it, I'm shocked it hasn't upset more of the R&F. JWs have to be somewhat independent thinkers to even rebel against what is considered normal & mainstream and join the religion. That independent streak should still be in there somewhere. Most people like that DO NOT LIKE being ordered to do stuff. Perhaps this explains some of the apathy and half-hearted efforts in the ranks. It's a covert rebellion.

Doc

• prologos
    prologos

searcher, yes, even besides their organisation, the Nazis had THEIR mythical helper too: the unfailing demi-god "The Leader", their unalterable "Destiny", and enforced mind-control

not listening to BBC (punishable by prison), hounding of dissenters.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

What I thought of was how a nation of people blindly followed and believed that their leader was their saviour. The Nazi's systematically murdered a race of people and in the aftermath claimed: "We were only following orders."

BLlind obedience.

Indoctrination happens.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit