Introducing myself..hello all...

by DannyBear 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Uni girl
    Uni girl

Hiya just got in from work... Thank you all so much for your kind welcome. It's mad because after so many bad times its difficult to think that there are at least some nice people out there.

I've been watching these sights for many years mainly because it used to be 'off limits' Now I just feel a complete idiot that I devoted and I mean devoted 13 years (mostly of my youth)to that shambolic organisation. Sometimes I find it hard even now not to feel guilty over the things I do. When I first went to university I felt sooo bad cos we weren't suppose to seek extra education unless it was for the betterment of the kingdom. I now know it's because it opens your mind too much and that's exactly what they want to stop.
    I wonder why we are all drawn to each other, and maybe it's because we find it hard to fit into the world and yet we don't want to belong to the truth. I find myself mostly caught between the two worlds. It well hard making new friends especially once you have been disfellowshipped and you know no one else.
    Hope this message finds everyone in good health and spirits
    Love Jen ;

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

i also want to welcome all the newbies

enjoy!

harmony

• neyank
    neyank

Hi Uni girl,
    You said something that I think fits most ex JWs as to why we are drawn to boards such as this.
    You said "maybe it's because we find it hard to fit into the world and yet we don't want to belong to the truth."
    I think you hit the nail on the head.
    We all have something significant in common here. We all gave up a large portion of our lives to a man made religion. We have experienced
    similar trials within the WT org. Some of us still have families stuck in the org.
    So I guess it's no wonder were drawn to each other.

Welcome to our humble little group.

neyank

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Uni girl.

Making your first post is the first step toward a healing catharsis of old watchtower babble. Glad you chose my thread to do so.

I suppose it's people like you, that give us insentive to continue to reveal the untruths regarding the 'truth'. I made my first post back in January of 2000...you will feel the heavy burden lifting as you put down in writing, all the myriad of loose thoughts that bombard our minds as former cult addicts. Every time you read someone's comments that almost inevitably reflect your own...it reinforces your resolve, never again, never again...to allow any organization, or representitive to wield so much power over your mind.

Unfortunately we will all wear the brand of WT seared in our brains, some more or less for the rest of our lives. Having a community of fellow survivors, who really do understand, is really helpful on those days....you are feeling really lonely for old friends and family...it does get better.

So jump right into the fray...join us and let us know what your thinking.

DannyBear

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Well said Everyone!!!
    TW

• circare
    circare

A ditto of TW's comment from me too!

I would also like to slip in a G'day to all the new company, it is good to have such a variety of opinions and thoughts to consider and identify with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit