Introducing myself..hello all...

by DannyBear 45 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

To: Nelly,TR,Prisca,Roamingfeline,Thinker's Wife,Frenchy,Ozziepost:

Thank you all for your kind greeting's.

TR went over to the 'sex' board and read the bio's there. Waiting you are a sneeky one...he ha.

Prisca think maybe the society's growth has been somewhat tied to, 3rd, 4th and even 5th generation members? How many 'bible studies' that you conducted, ever went so far as baptisim...in my 30yrs as a witness I can count on one finger. Yep my claim to fame, was uno, one convert...after years of pioneering, serving where the need was great, etc etc.

Roaming I was telling those guys on the other board, about Simon's place....nice to have a choice...H20 is no longer the ultimate destination.

Ozzie you ole sod you. Really glad to see you posting here. I will carry the mic...do odd(!) jobs...'thank you master member'...maybe someday I will shed this mantel of 'newbieisim'.

Thanks again to you all for your welcome greetings.

DannyBear

• somebody
    somebody

Welcome, DannyBear. :-)

peace,
    somebody/Chagger...on H20

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Neyank, ZazuWitts

Please excuse this bears big paws...in neglecting to include your name Neyank...sometimes even when making a list...older bears tend to be forgetfull.

Zazu when I lived in San Francisco, we went to see a live performanc of the ZazuPitts Band...they were a real trip...wild and crazy eh?

Yes you are right, even though we have been away from the cult for twenty years...it brands your sphycee forever. Not to mention your entire family relations...I have neither seen nor spoken to two of my own sisters in all those years. Is that disfunctional or what?

DannyBear

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Greeting Chag,

Another familiar face (literally now) and a most charming one I must confess.

You have a bold and forthright style (no nonsense), always enjoyed your posts, over in H20 land. Thanks for welcoming me here.

DannyBear

• mommy
    mommy

Welcome Dannybear
    I was lurking over at H20 the other day and saw one of your posts. It is funny because I was thinking, it would be neat if he came over to Simon's. Then today I see you are here! So I guess I better be careful what I am thinking Only good thoughts.
    I have been out for 8 years, and come from a large family as well, there is only 4 left in the org now. The rest of us are just scarred for life.
    Zazu,
    I was thinking the same thing about H20, I am registered, just haven't made a post yet. I liked it over there when they just transfered to coolboards, everyone was sooooo nice the members were even suprised how nice they were being to each other I got a kick out of reading those posts!
    Welcome again Dannybear, you might see me over there!
    wendy

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Hello Wendy,

Leaving the 'brotherhood' is no easy task if on one's own, not to mention the devastation it causes a large family. Yes the scars are long lasting and only fade with time, never disappearing.

It is the reason so many of us continue to seek out othere, who have experienced like treatment. Unless you have been there, you simply can't relate.

Thanks for your welcome. H20 provides one aspect of JW discussion, but it sometimes lacks common decency and mutual respect. While lurking here, I noticed that everyone pretty well spoke their minds, without resorting to personal attacks and name calling. I prefer this style. Even when it comes to dealing with Sir Fred Hall...you guys have all treated him with respect...he has spoken more words at one time here..than he ever spoke at H20 in years.

Hope your pain subsides, loss of loved ones is such a waste...if we keep pointing out how stupid it all is...just maybe one of our loved ones will wake up. Hope springs eternal...so 'they' say.

DannyBear

• joel
    joel

Whassup DB...it's cool to have a fellow Californian...I'm in LA.

I also hang out a H2O and other DB's besides here...this one has a little bit of everything

Lookin' forward to your insights!

Pax,
    joel

• larc
    larc

Welcome Danny,

You mentioned that your family goes back to the Rutherford days in California. Did they happen to live in the San Diego area and/or know anything about Beth Sarim? My mother's aunt Berta spent winters there and lived there after Rutherford died until it was sold. Just curious.

Hi all,

We had a curious experience a couple weeks ago. Two men with book bags came to our door and no other doors in the 'hood. Of course, we didn't answer the door. We have been out over thirty years. Are they out to get us, or are we being paranoid? We moved here with no local records, but we noticed that when they worked our street before, they skipped our house, which led us to believe that someone had forwarded information about us and we had been labeled as apostates. Well, I don't really care what they do, but Zazzu wants to remain invisible to them if possible. Well, this is a good example of something that has stayed with us all these years. How to deal with their possible intrusion into our lives.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Back at ya Joel,

Noticed your logo when lurking. Do you make a living at it?

I was born and raised in L.A. so know your town very well. Thanks for the welcome.

BearSigns

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Larc,

My mother was Judge Rutherford's cook and housekeeper in his Staten Island home and a member to the Bethel family...my dad was the chief engineer of the WTBS radio station WBBR and the judge's personal chauffer-driving one of the judge's 16 cylinder Cadillacs. So they were one of the few who (in those days taboo) met while in Bethel service...in fact my oldest sister, was the only baby ever born to an active Bethelite..as far as I know. The Judge could play favorites when he wanted.

When they left Bethel shortly before the Judge died....I assume they really had had enough of the egomaniacal tyrant...which he most certainly was. They moved to L.A.

Your mother's aunt could probably have told many a good story about the Rutherfraud. Can you share any of her experiences?

DannyBear

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit