We got DF'd/ Assoc. Press called

by ARoarer 87 Replies latest jw friends

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

Well we got the phone call from the elder to let us know of the decision to disfellowship us. The one elder called while the other sat on the phone as a "witness". The second elder was once a close friend. Do they think we are so unclean and defiled? I thought that description better fits a Pedophile. I haven't posted much since Monday the day of our Judicial Committee Meeting. At least we didn't get a visit from all 8 of them. After told of the decision he got right off the phone. It was weard. A whole life time of giving of ourselves to a belief system that no longer served as a refreshment to our soul suddenly ends in a 20 second phone call. A few minutes later the AP called to find out if we were disfellowshipped, and I told him we just got the phone call. So he interviewed me for about 15 minutes and after that we went out to work in our garden. I am blessed to have been able to see these last few years just how mean spirited and unkind the Watchtower Society is. It has not decency in it and those who follow and go along with it once they see it is so ungodly are to be pitied. The elder who called was the one elder on that body of elders that I felt knows deep down what is going on but goes along because his whole social structure depends on being loyal to the Watchtower. I thought it would be hard to leave but since I walked away in 1998, I have had such wonderful experiences and freindships and it's as if my husband and I are living another life. We have had struggles over the many issues that have come up after leaving the Borg, but our lives have become so much richer. Thank you all for the incredible support on this board and also on WA if any of you are on this board. Also since the articles hit there have been sooooooooo many wonderful people calling to give thier support and kind words and to share their horror stories. All good people. And every one here on this board are so awesome. You are like one big therapy session sometimes even if I don't always post, I read this board every day to catch up on all of you and so I almost feel as if I know you. Our family has gotten out of this crazy cult intact, and I am grateful that my children are critical thinkers and can understand what has gone on. Watchtower has stolen many parents and children from one another, and the disfellowshipping will not cause this to happen to us. Sunday I will celebrate Mothers day happily and gratefully and tonight I will whisper a little prayer under my breath. Speaking of prayer, I got a phone call from someone from another state, Kentucky, in fact, and after hearing his story and after we each kind of comforted each other with kind words, he told me that because we are such good people that God would always bless us by putting good and special people in our path. He has truly been doing that these last few years. After that he asked me if he could say a prayer with me over the phone, and I said surely, and when he prayed I was touched and knew God has not left me or my family or view us as dead the way they teach in their perverted Christian doctrine, and I realized it is they who are the ones who became apostate.

Love Ya All,
    Barbara Pandelo

• Prisca
    Prisca

So YOU'RE ARoarer??!!!

(((((((((((Barbara))))))))))))

I never thought the WTS could operate this way, but sadly they do, and this isn't the first time, nor the last.

I admire you for having the courage to speak out, and to stand firm to your principles. This is only the beginning of a long and bumpy road for the WTS, methinks.

• waiting
    waiting

Hello Barb,

How's it feel to be Really Free??????? I just met your son, Justin - good lookin' man who's quite articulate also. Proud momma? I would say so!

I'm sorry for all your problems which stem directly from the Watchtower - but congratulate you and your family for your much success.

You are like one big therapy session sometimes even if I don't always post, I read this board every day to catch up on all of you and so I almost feel as if I know you.
    Ain't that the truth! All the crazies hang out together! In reality, I agree with you....much good is done here, along with fluff, fights, etc. But much good insight & learning to communicate and articulate our thoughts.

Perhaps you'll continue to hang out with us? Cool....

waiting

• Imbue
    Imbue

Most definitely you are a courageous person!

aroarer said:

and I realized it is they who are the ones who became apostate.
    Well, I just love the way you put this...so true!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The only good elite are dead elite!!"-Naeblis
    (Ok! He borrowed it)

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

"The elder who called was the one elder on that body of elders that I felt knows deep down what is going on but goes along because his whole social structure depends on being loyal to the Watchtower. "

Hi Barb,

Isn't this a pitiful reason to remain in a "religion"......

"Thank you all for the incredible support on this board and also on WA if any of you are on this board."

WA has held me together more often than I can count since I left the Borg in 1999.

You sound very upbeat and positive. I'm so glad for you, your hubby, and you daughter. You have been in my heart and on my mind a lot recently.

{{{{{Pandelo Family}}}}}

Annie

Shredded families and ruined lives;
    The WBTS has MUCH to answer for......

Hugs,

Sunspot

• Amazing
    Amazing

Thanks for sharing this with everyone Barbara. As I mentioned to Justin in his post, the cover up of pedophiles is true, coast to coast and was an issue that likewise was a part of my leaving the organization ten years ago. While I hate to see you go through this, the liberation will make this pass soon. Thanks again. -

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

I am so relieved to know that your family got out intact.

(((((((((((((((Pandelo family))))))))))))))))))))))))

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

It is sad to see them throw away such good people.

This religion is almost impossible to change because when you see one flaw you see it is completely flawed and beyond change. Those who seek to make it better inevitably become fighters against it because the only way to make it better is for everyone to be set free.

I am sorry to see you were treated this way, but I think you will find your peace and you no longer have to carry the shame of being identified in any way with this cult.

Path

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Mrs. Pandelo: Thank you for sharing with us the outcome of your Judicial Committee. I am only sad that the situation had to come down to this lousy state of affairs where you were expelled from the organization for no good reason.

You're right, those that are still in that disgusting organization are the ones that are to be pitied.

In fact, I too have relatives that are servants in their congregations, who are well aware of the organization's shortcomings, but who stay because it fills a need in their lives. I'll wager that there are many more like them out there who do not believe the tenents of the watchtower but choose to stay anyway.

I wish you and your family continued peace and happiness!

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Hi Barbara. I am touched deeply by your family's courage as you have struggled through such a horrible ordeal. I had the pleasure of reading Justin's absolutely excellent post earlier today, and I see where he gets it from. (smile)

...I realize it is they who are the ones who become apostate.

No truer words were ever spoken.
    My heart goes out to your family. There is so much support on this board and it has helped so many see the truth about the WTS.

Also, thank you and your family for staying so strong in your fight. It gives us ALL stregnth.

Boozy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit