I am Supermom!

by flower 27 Replies latest jw friends

• flower
    flower

I had a revelation today...and I thought I'd share.

It hit me all of the sudden this morning as I was leaving my house around 615a. You see, I'm walking out to my truck to get to a 7am Doctors appt. My keys are hanging out of my mouth, my almost 3 year old is over my shoulder half asleep, in one hand is my cup of coffee and his school project and in the other is a bag with an outfit that needs to be returned and another with his constume for his school concert this afternoon.

So I follow my scribbled directions to the docs office and make it there with 10 mins to spare so in the back seat of the car I strip down the kiddo and get him dressed for school. Then I realize that I forgot to stop at the bank to get the money for the doc and she only takes cash. So I have the docs appt then run to the bank and go back to pay her and were off to have breakfast at Dennys. Afterwards, I'm use my wet wipes to clean up my little sticky, syrupy pancake-face monster and drop him off at daycare.

Then Hi-Ho-Hi-Ho its off to work I go to put in my four hours before lunch. Lunch hour will be stops at the post office and Walmart and phone calls to make appts. Then back to work for two hours before I go over to the school for the concert, which should be just lovely..(think of trying to get 20 2.5 year olds to sing a song together). Then back to work again for an hour or so before I pick him up and sit on Rt 1 in Friday night traffic with a hungry and tired and therefore bratty kiddo.

Dinner, I have no idea yet what to make but in between cooking and trying to keep the boys (mine and the roommates) from wrestling and rough-housing which seems to be their latest obsession, it'll likely be 8 before we eat. By then my monster will have sprouted horns and a tail and probably will have a face full of tears and snot because my roommate is talking to me and he doesnt want her to or some other ridiculous reason.

With a little luck we will get through dinner without anyone puking or wet sneezing. If the stars are aligned we might even get through without anyone singing while chewing a mouthful of spaghetti. Then after dinner hopefully within the hour at least one kid will be sleeping (the one that cant tell Friday night from a school night lol). The other will likely be glued to the tube so finally us Moms can relax with a few well deserved brewskis.

Tomorrow is laundry and cleaning day..yippee.

I know this is an ordinary day for millions of women around the world but I realized today that I AM SUPERMOM..and so are all the other moms out there.

So HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all the moms on the board. Say it today and mean it..I AM SUPERMOM!

flower

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Wow, has daddy got it made! Enjoy your up and coming mothers day. Thumbs up for your balancing act.

Guest 77

• TheStar
    TheStar

You are SUPERMOM Flower! I don't have kids and I swear if I did I wouldn't make it, I don't know how you moms do it but I hold all of you in the highest respect.

HAPPY MOM'S DAY! Treat yourself, you deserve it!

• amac
    amac

Motherhood is a tough racket! I try to share as much work with my wife as possible (a 4 yo girl and 5 yo boy), but seeing how she works at their school and is with them all day, she gets the brunt of the work...and it is a lot of work! Sometimes I am glad I am the one who brings home the bacon.

I can't imagine single motherhood...keep up the good work.

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

ALL responsible moms are SUPERMOMS. There is nothing more beautiful than watching a mother and her children. The sacrafices you all make is simply beyond comparison to anything in the universe.

Flower, TY for reminding me and others of this. My mom raised 8, thats right, EIGHT of us, and did a hell of a job.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL

Boozy

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO SUPPER MOM FROM QUEENIE---I only have a webtv and not a computer -- but I learned on thing in life and that is BE GOOD TO MYSELF and I am trying to set a proper example for all to follow especially my family FIRST AND FORMOST cuz we iz people too...love us FIRST and then my neighbor 2ND not the other way around BTW all single parents (moms) you get to celebrate fathers day too since you wear the pants in the family as well.. I think that is in JUNE IF MY MEMORY serves me correctly !!!

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Flower, your sense of humor is priceless! But isn't that, along with undying love that makes us SuperMoms?

Big hugs to you honey. I'm thankful I no longer have to tote sleepy souls on my shoulder - yet I am dodging the hormones of two teenage girls. My work these days is more mental than physical.

Hmmm.. grandchildren... bring em on! :)

• Shimmer
    Shimmer

POWER TO THE MOMS OF THE WORLD!!! You Rock Flower!!! I don't have little ones either, and I'm also dealing with the mood swings of my preteen. And the bossiness of my 8 yr. old daughter.

Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms.

Shimmer

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Hats off to all the single supermoms out there! I don't know how you gals do it.

Flower, you have a very easy reading style to your writing. Keep it up. What a "typical" day for busy working supermoms.

Now go treat yourself this weekend!

Hugs,
    j2bf

• D8TA
    D8TA

The Powers of SuperMom:

X-Ray Vision: Explains why they know if you're wearing dirty underwear or not, or see through walls to check on what your doing.

Heat Vision:When she tells ya "everything is going to be all right", with those comforting eyes...you get that warm fuzzy feeling?

OR

Ever get your mom pissed off? Her eyes widen, staring at you? Then you feel all hot, and turn red?

Super Hearing: You can be at one end of the house, she can be at the other. And no matter what, if you are doing something dasterdly--no matter how quiet---She can always hear it.

Faster then a Speeding Bullet: Ever see a 5 year old out run their mother?

More Powerfull then a Locomotive: Integrity and Love greatly surpass the strength of any train.

Able to Leap a Tall Building in a Single Bound: But more often, the living room sofa, your trike, toys, etc. etc.

Happy Mom's Day to all you ...uh...well...Moms :)

D8TA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit