Don't let your job interfere with your meeting attendance

by Quarterback 25 Replies latest jw friends

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

When I was an elder, I probably routinely missed 35% of the meetings, because of a rotating shift and sometimes having to work extra time. I never really got bugged about it. Of course, people probably knew I would have told them to mind their own business.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Of course, joke-hova wants its people to be miserable. That is why you get boasting sessions that preclude making a decent living, so people cannot take those jobs. And it is a waste of time to attend these things because all you hear is that poverty is a virtue. Then, field circus takes what's left--people are supposed to work part time and pious-sneer.

I know one family that took this lame advice. They had a father who was a hounder, a mother that occasionally auxiliary pious-sneered, and 2 children. They had a reasonable lifestyle. Then, the father went to a part time job so they could all regular pious-sneer. Now, that family is still living together (children 30 years and up). I predict destitution for that family when they get older, and the children are going to be hit with the burden of taking care of aging parents. Of course, the pious-sneering cannot stop. And that's even allowing if hyperinflation never materializes or we never end up with a major energy crisis--if that happens, they are up sxxx creek without a paddle, in a barbed wire canoe.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Requiring the rank and file to put their secular job on the bottom of the priorities effectively ensures that they will never grow in their careers (which is the plan anyway). It also ensures that if there is ever a need for lay-offs in the company, the name of Brother Zealous will the the first on the list to be "canned". Then once brother Zealous gets canned and needs money to eat, the Org will do nothing to help, and not a single penny is dedicated to help brothers in need.

It also prevents brother Zealous to have a desire for higher education.

When i left the Org, i put my energy on the things i had left including my job. I worked extra, and volunteered for things and my supervisor noticed it. He came to me one day and commended me for it, and told me he would like to promote me, but that i would be hard without a college degree. This motivated me to go to college.

• pronomono
    pronomono

Don't let your job interfere with your meeting attendance

Better advice....Don't let researching TTATT interfere with your job.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

The sad thing is that generally the jobs are just for survival, meaningful work and carrars are a NO NO.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

The sad thing is that whenever an assembly rolled around they always seemed to find some poor sap who'd recently given up a stable job in order to pursue "kingdom interests". They'd parade him in front of everyone on the platform and for a short while he'd feel like he was walking on clouds, getting congratulated and attaboyed by all the "prominent" people in the circuit.

I wish they'd do "where are they now" updates and see where those people ended up a year or two later. In my experience, most of them were forced to take a sorrier version of their prior job when Jehovah failed to provide. It took me a few years before I had enough experience to figure this out on my own, but new initiates generally don't have a clue how these things end up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit