Arrested by French authorities for wanting to perform Female Genital Mutilation

by Syme 14 Replies latest social current

• Syme
    Syme

Here's the story, from Guardian:

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/feb/10/france-tough-stance-female-genital-mutilation-fgm

These are very interesting news. Some people wanted to do something hideous for RELIGIOUS reasons, which was inhumane AND illegal (in France.) So, they tried to do it in the UK. But, they got busted before they were able to leave the country!

Vive le France!

I think France here set an example. When the next JW parent decides to force their minor child into denying a blood transfusion, they could be handled like those 'cutters'.

• Fernando
    Fernando

I have wondered if the Watchtower's anti oral sex orientation, and missionary position only stance, could be regarded as a subtle form of FGM as the outcome in many cases could be the same: no female orgasm permitted.

Dim-witted misogynists...

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

FGM is a vile, evil practice based on the ignorance of the practitioners, ignorance of their own religion ! Anything that can be done to stop it, even draconian laws and their application, is to be welcomed. I hope this practice is stamped out for good.

Here in the U.K the Minister for Education is going to meet with a young lady who has started a huge campaign here aginst FGM, with a view to bringing about the educating of youngsters, and their teachers, all about it.

We also need to eventually stop Male Genital Mutilation, as practiced by both Islam and the Jewish religion, there is no excuse for this either.

Anyone over the age of Eighteen could choose such a thing, if they were silly enough to do so, but young people under that age should be protected in Law.

• designs
    designs

Model Waris Dirie, who was mutilated, has spent her time and efforts to bring the public to understand how horrible this practice is and how to educate countries to ban its practice.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I have wondered if the Watchtower's anti oral sex orientation, and missionary position only stance, could be regarded as a subtle form of FGM as the outcome in many cases could be the same: no female orgasm permitted.

Dim-witted misogynists... - Fernando

I've wondered about that too as well as their stand on masturbation. Women must not have pleasure, they are way too disgusting for that.

'A bag of bones and a hank of hair'

• Space Madness
    Space Madness

Fun fact! Male circumcision isn't called "male genital mutilation" because it is primarily practiced by white people, while female circumcision is called "female genital mutilation" because it is primarily practiced by Arabs and Africans.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Female genital mutilation and circumcision are not equivalent. You could make a case that circumcision is unnecessary, even barbaric, but to say that skin color has anything to do with it is a stretch. Female circumcision is extremely painful and dangerous and prevents a woman from enjoying sex at all. For a male, is would be comparable to cutting off the penis entirely, not just a portion of the skin. Men who have been circumcised can still have a normal sex life.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Men who have been circumcised can still have a normal sex life.

Not true.

http://www.livescience.com/27769-does-circumcision-reduce-sexual-pleasure.html

Also, "Men" don't make the decision to have themselves cut, it is an imposition made on them when they are infants.

• Laika
    Laika

Fun fact! Male circumcision isn't called "male genital mutilation" because it is primarily practiced by white people, while female circumcision is called "female genital mutilation" because it is primarily practiced by Arabs and Africans.

Given that muslims tend to perform male circumcision I'd have thought the majority of circumcised males in the world are Arab or African?

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

Anyone who tries to equate male circumcision with the mutilation of a young girl is obviously completely ignorant of the facts. Ridiculous and pure insanity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit