Arrested by French authorities for wanting to perform Female Genital Mutilation

by Syme 14 Replies latest social current

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Joy, see Cantleaves comment above, we are not equating the physical facts of the two practices, what we are saying if you bother to read our posts is that neither the poor female child, or the male baby, have a choice in the matter.

No one has the right to cut their children up for some stupid religious belief.

Let an over eighteen decide if they wish to be so silly, many of them do choose to pierce and otherwise change their bodies, adult choice, to impose these things on children is morally wrong.

• prologos
    prologos

Trust the French to do things right in matters sexual. FGM is a horror,

as to the above article on MC consequences, it iss NOT conclusive on reduced pleasure.

it mentioned reduced sensitivity, ladies should applaud that, delayed, delayed ejaculation.

sensitivity is felt in the brain, did you hear of toe-pain of the leg amputees?

Unclean wet areas in skinfolds are gross breeding & smelling grounds (pun accidental),

so MC is a plus,

what's the fuss,

prosecute FGM practisioners harshly. tit for tat if possible.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Men who have been circumcised can still have a normal sex life.

Not true.

http://www.livescience.com/27769-does-circumcision-reduce-sexual-pleasure.html

Can'tleave, if you are going to post a study to support your contention, it's always best to cite to a study that isn't attacked as being deeply flawed, especially by a physician as well respected as Dr. Diekema.

"The study is pretty flawed," said Douglas Diekema, a pediatrics professor at the University of Washington, who was part of the American Academy of Pediatrics 2012 task force on circumcision. "I read the conclusion and then I read the study, and I said, 'Wow, they went overboard in what they're concluding.'"

Female and male circumcision are in no way analogous. Period.

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

Male circumcision has very little to do with religion in many cases and has just recently become more of a matter of choice medically speaking at least here in the US. For years doctors performed male circumcision as standard procedure when one had a boy. The only time it was not routinely performed was at the special request of the parents. There is still some information out there that claims there are health benefits. That is neither here nor there but to make a statement that the minute potential decrease in pleasure that a male may experience as a result of having been circumcised in no way compares to the complete loss of the external female sex organs that are barbarically removed often later in a young girl's life using rudimentary tools. As a woman, to have someone even make a claim that a normal sex life for a circumcised man is not possible in the context of a discussion about FGM is insulting. There are millions of sexually satisfied circumcised males in the world and not one victim of FGM that is.

My issue with the statement has nothing to do with religion or the lack of choice, it has to do with context. Comments on the morality of making irreversible choices for infants is one thing but please make your "decrease in pleasure" claim on a different thread.

• prologos
    prologos

There was an episode I believe PBS that showed captured the FGM procedure (not the sharp edge), and the girl screamed and cursed the 'provider of the service' with eternal damnation in that religions god's name.

never to be forgotten girls' screams.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit