At what point did you destroy your Blood card?

by BU2B 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Decided
    Decided

I don't remember when I got read of it. I did have a blood transfusion a few months ago and I didn't feel any guilt at all. My blood platelets went down to nearly 0 and I had to stay in ICU for a week. I'm OK now. They didn't find out why it got that way.

Ken P.

• cantleave
    cantleave

The first thing you see when I open my wallet is my Blood Donation card.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

About a year after accepting it was all a lie. One day I looked in my wallet and it just seemed like the worst decision ever, so I shredded it.

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

A couple of years after I left I threw the 'blood card' away. A couple of years after that I realised that my file at the doctor's still contained my request to not receive blood, so I went to the doctor and asked him what it said in my file... He then looked in the computer and said that it stated that I was a JW and didn't want blood. So I told him to change it since I no longer was one of the JW's and I do accept blood if I need it. Because of that we had a very nice chat which took a lot longer than the ten minutes he should have given me.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Interestingly, its never been recorded in my medical records that I was a JW and not to receive blood.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Ditto with me, I asked my GP/Doctor to check the records thoroughly. I was very lax as aJW, neither me nor Mrs Phizzy got the cards signed or carried them for years.

We were never good little Sheepydubs.

I started donating a short while after I left. It is one of the few things I can do to help strangers who are really my neighbour, according to J.C.

I think it is good to mark off these little milestones of progress, and pat ourselves on the back as every vestige of JW stupidity fades away.

• fiddler
    fiddler

I don't even remember exactly when I 'lost' my card but I'm sure it was while cleaning out my purse of all junk paper stuff and the card went out with the junk.

• sylvlef
    sylvlef

I tore mine to pièces about 6months ago and put it into my job's trash can...then came the meeting where they give new version becaus the old cards were legally expired or something like that, and my wife insisted That i should have one and forced it into my jacket Pocket..."unfortunately" a couple of days later i wore the very same jacket to ride my motorcycle, and encountered a good rain...card was useless after That hahaha! Ways of the Lord hey?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Haven't had a card for YEARS even though I was a serving MS until a few months ago. Had issues with the blood doctrine for years so never bothered. Blood was the first crack in my faith, closely followed by confusion over Genesis, evolution, the flood and the JW's approach to science in general.

• Giordano
    Giordano

I would never carry a suicide card. My advice........ never allow the WT to talk you into doing or believing in stuff that Jesus never mentioned. You got enough of Paul's bullshit to deal with as it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit