At what point did you destroy your Blood card?

by BU2B 39 Replies latest jw friends

• done4good
    done4good

It wasn't a conscious decision, but after the blood fractions article, I think they changed the wording on the card and I didn't sign a new one.

GypsySpam -

My experience was similar. I also never filled out or signed the proxy form for the same reason.

d4g

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

Mine went through the laundry about 4 years ago. I never got a new one. It's been 2.5 years since being in a kh and about 1.5 years ago I told my doctor to change all my records for me and my child. My doctor of 12 years actually did a happy dance :)

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I don't remember actually destroying it, or throwing it away. I just remember not carrying it in my wallet the last couple of years I was still attending. I had left mentally long before. And even when I still believed, I had serious doubts about their blood policy.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

I stopped carrying mine in the early 90's, about three years before I was DF'ed...my first rebellious act!

• no lies please
    no lies please

I destroyed it the day after my last meeting over 4 years ago.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Right after the birth of my first born, which was 15 years before I left. No one was ever going to tell me I could not save her life if she needed blood.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I tossed it the same time I started fading, and told my doctor about it right away, made sure he knew I changed

• Londo111
    Londo111

It was late December 2011. I finished reading the chapter on blood in the book In Search of Christian Freedom. Finally, I had to courage to take the card out my wallet and rip it to shreds.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Londo- That was a great chapter wasnt it? It was so clear and easy to understand.. I wish all JWs could hve its contents downloaded into their brains

• Londo111
    Londo111

Most definitely.

If there are any JWs out there who aren’t ready to read that publication, out of fear of being caught it or it merely difficulty finding a copy, I hope the following might help them on this subject. Of course, a short video can hardly be a match for the depth of information in In Search of Christian Freedom, but hopefully it can give a few searching JWs something to think about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWNlyyM32ts&list=PLyNx0oM_bmgBuDVZWWiInBRGoovkUj95B&index=1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit