Really stupid comment from an Elder..

by DATA-DOG 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dozy
    dozy

There was a telling snippet from the judicial committee meeting on the video.

The accused was saying how he was friends with the worldly woman & asked if there was anything wrong with that & the elder said that "we all have some aquaintances who aren't Jehovah's witnesses". The meaning was pretty clear.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

That is just creepy. And to think that I heard that message for 35 years before opening my eyes. Is it any wonder I have few friends.

• Woody22
    Woody22

What happened to love thy neighbor as thyself. What a hypocrite

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I don't actually see a problem with this. There's no contradiction between showing interest in someone and not being their friend. When you greet a coworker, do you ask how they're doing? Do you really care about the answer? Maybe. If you do care, does that mean you're their friend? Not at all.

You all know that there are people who would take advantage of Witnesses by pretending to be interested and asking for all kinds of favors. If the Witness kept the proper boundary between himself and a Bible student, then that wouldn't happen.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Once again, Outlaw nails it succinctly.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

If your thread title was, "Really intelligent comment from an elder" it would have been far more unusual!!!

• piztjw
    piztjw

Full Definition of FRIEND

1 a : one attached to another by affection or esteem Well that leaves out 99% of the jw's at my local KH. There isn't a one of them that demonstrates even a minimum amount of esteem for me personally. That is why I delight in attending...just to piss them off by my presence.

• piztjw
    piztjw

I guess JWs are supposed to 'act' like friends, but not actually BE friends. How Christian!!!

And we all know what the terms are for someone who acts one way, but are in reality something else entirely...HYPOCRITES, and LIARS!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

With friends like JWs, who needs enemies?

• AndDontCallMeShirley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit