It is because of amazing breakthroughs like these... Awesome to live in 2014!!

by ILoveTTATT 19 Replies latest jw friends

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Thanks for the "good news". I agree that instead of this being the worse time in history, I would not live at anytime else in the past. I am glad that scientists are not putting their heads in the sand waiting for Armageddon. I appreciate that they are developing ways to help us have better and healthier lives.

• subytrek
    subytrek

Agreed. I wouldn't want to live 200 years or even 100 years ago. My wife and daughter probably would have died during childbirth 2 years ago were it not for modern medicine. Things are better now.

• Pronger1
    Pronger1

And this is how the zombie apocalypse starts.

• metatron
    metatron

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2758121/

Tumeric/Curcumin/Curry might trigger apoptosis in cancer cells.

At the moment, I'm more interested in autophagy than apoptosis but you never know....

metatron

• clarity
    clarity

That would be par for the course for a guy that saw humanity was getting along pretty well and were getting to be close to God, so he knocked over their tower and scattered the board like a whiny chess loser.

Everytime mankind gets back on their feet he slaps them

down again ......hhmm is that fair game!

When he gets really insecure ( according2bible) he just drowns

everything & everybody ...except 8 people....whose leader

gets off the boat & immediately gets absolutely pissed!

clarity

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

I agree with the most of you however I beleive that as a result of medicine the human species is playing against natural selection which is best for a species. I have some health issues, chronic ones.

I seriously think that the ill having offsprings weakens us. That wasn't a question 200 years ago, they didn't live to have children.

• humbled
    humbled

A non-toxic(read NON-chemical) way to help with apoptosis in certain cancers is being carefully researched: grape seed extract (GSE)

I know my cancer doctors allowed me to use it during my treatment. I just read that prostate cancer and non-small-cell lung cancer are affected by the use of gse. Two reputable research journals report on the technical findings.

Online the U.S. National Medical Library National Institutes of Health and the Oxford Journal have information on GSE efficacy.

When one is burnt out with radiation and chemo, this is will not cause general harm--It just provides cancer cells with an assisted suicide.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Absolutely right!

I'd rather live now, than in biblical times, when for so many diseases you had to wait for a charismatic healer like Elijah (or, Elisha, or Jesus) to come around and heal you.

What nonsense.

• jw07
    jw07

I just imagined the look on the faces of the Governing Body, and JW collective if a JW, who 'wasn't supposed to go to college' developed a cure for all viral infections along the lines of this, and got big name interviews on all the major networks. So much for belief in mankind being doomed to disease and 'imperfection'.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I agree with the most of you however I beleive that as a result of medicine the human species is playing against natural selection which is best for a species.

I'm sure that this is slowly weakening the gene pool generation to generation, but medical science may be outpacing the effect. It won't matter soon how bad someone's genes are if medicine can fix everything. Of course, the costs of health care continue to skyrocket to pay for all the issues that people can survive, thanks to these advancements.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit