Sing Dirges to Jehovah?

by donny 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Gosh yes, the music was depressing. I was in back when each KH had a piano, and some of the players had a real talent and flare. However, they were always counseled to tone it down and not add any personal touch to the playing. My aunt was one of these and she got so pissed that she stopped playing at the Hall altogether because of the dreary renditions. Worse thing was no other music was ever allowed for any occasion so you had to pick something from the songbook for your wedding ceremony. Ugh!

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

DATA-DOG, You have flair my man. That's wickedly funny.

losingit, the FIRM AND DETERMINED song was in fact written in the concentration camps during WWII. There's a WT video where a German annointed sister gives some background information on that song.

I heard comments that the songs do not follow "standard" music chord progressions, melodic phrasing and so forth. That is what you get when your song-writers have no formal training (read: education) but are selected because they have the "spiritual" qualifications (read: full-time service). I read somewhere that one of the brothers that collaborated on the new song book actually had music/recording industry experience but quit half-way into the project when he experienced the pettiness and hypocrisy of the WT project overseer or something to that effect.

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

Oh Data-Dog you really had me there, my husband had to cover his ears, for I was laughing so hard!!!!

Like losingit I did like the orchestral version (I *ahum* must admit that I listened to those cassettes very often... *looks embarrassed* ). But overall most of the songs were depressing and very much like military marches (but my dad always loved march music, so I did happen to like those kind of songs since I grew up with all kinds of military songs... of which I didn't have a clue that they were military of course and I doubt if my father ever understood that... and my dad is a German *oh gosh, this feels like i'm making it worse with every word I type* hahahaha)

Anyway, thanks for putting back those songs back in my head (not really thankful... aaaaargh!!!)... even reading the English words brought up the Dutch words to several songs again.... (Let op hoe je gaat en ook hoe je staat, wees wijs en waakzaam te allen tijd... deeeeeeeee gelegen tijd uitkopend, daaaaar de dagen god'loos zijn....)

Muchas gracias...

De nada....

My dad used to play the organ in the KH as well. So at home we were taught how to play them too... in fact, the only book I've kept was the songbook... Must still have it somewhere... My brother is even on YouTube playing some of the "Kingdom Melodies"... Oh well, I think I'll go and memorize the new lyrics Data-Dog has provided....

HAHAHAHAHAHA Data-Dog you're hilarious, really! HAHAHAHA

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I'd rather listen to a requiem mass.far more talent involved.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

DATA-DOG Please give us some new lyrics for "We're Jehovah's Witnesses!" Sorry to anyone who now can't get that song out of your head. It was going around in mine since this thread started, so thought I might get rid of it by passing it on.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Or "I'm gonna be a drill instructor.I'm gonna shave off all my hair".....

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

We're Jehoober's Witlesses

Long ago a guy named Chuck

Went to Egypt, tried his luck.

1,600 furlongs.....???

God said , " What the @*&%!!???"

Though he tried he could not see

What the future days would be.

He sent out books from here to the sea

should have stuck with the Habadashery!!!

Chorus

We're Jehoober's Witlessess

We are all scared sh**lesses

We worship some jerks called the GB!!!!!

They are all Bat-sh** crazyyy!!!

Next comes some guy called DA' Judge

He was a douche and held a grudge

Olin Moyle rebuked him,

Still he would not budge!

He was much more scarier

He would chew your derriere

Two giant cars and one kickass crib

David never showed, it was a fib!!

Chorus

We're Jehoober's witlessess

We're a bunch of nitwittsess!

No higher learning, crap salaries!!!!

I was touched by L. Greenlees!!

Next comes Freddie and his crew

The unsuspecting, they will screw

Sell off all your houses, what a fine thing to do!!

Bethel's full of strong young men

Wrestling in their rooms again

They aren't allowed to have fun or dance,

they can drink in the steam- room with no pants!!!!

Chorus

We're Jeehoober's Witlesses

We are friggin misfitsess

Ours is the Org of false prophesy!!

The END will be soon hopefully!!!!

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... Thank you so much Data-Dog.... Anyone wanna record this? LOL

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

ROFL. Thanks Data-Dog!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

The latest ones released in about 2009-10 sound more like Christmas carols, but not as catchy or happy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit