I am not going for JC!

by exWTslave 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• exWTslave
    exWTslave

This morning two elders visited me and said “This year’s Memorial Day is on April 14, and we are informing you well in advance so that you can arrange your affairs and attend.” [I had given them the impression that I am very busy due to my secular assignments, hence most of the time out of station.]

Then I thought two elders visiting me cannot have an ordinary purpose, and I should give them a piece of my mind. I told them that I am seriously thinking that Christendom and JWs have no difference at all! The former is like a counterfeit currency and the latter is the photocopy of the counterfeit currency.

They asked me why I think that way!

I said: Let us take the very subject you mentioned to me now—Memorial of Jesus’s death.

Someone in the past felt Jesus died for the sins of the world and everyone quotes “life-for-life” principle from Old Testament as the basis for his sacrificial death (one innocent person should be killed on behalf of sinners).

Have you personally checked the verse WITH ITS CONTEXT?

They said: No. (I appreciated their candidness)

Context of all those verses say crime against the innocent should be dealt with death punishment, and has nothing to do with the innocent being punished! (Exodus 21:23; Leviticus 24:17 and Deuteronomy 19:21) Hence these verses can never be applied in the case of Jesus, who is innocent! (It’s like having a law that says those who refuse to pay taxes should be punished, and applying it to mean those who pay tax should be punished?! It is beyond grasping.)

Interestingly, God wants us to understand things and act, hence had Jesus declared repeatedly: “He that has ears, let him hear.” (Mathew 11:15; Mark 4:23; Luke 14:35) Therefore God will not inspire contradictory verses—one that that says those who scheme trouble for the innocent should be killed, and another verse that says the innocent should be killed on behalf of sinners! Hence I have listed Jesus’s sacrificial death with its supposed implications as one of the many teachings as belonging to the apostates, which was obviously adopted later. (Acts 20:28-29)

(This was too much for them, and they tried to gently interrupt me, but I said: Let me complete.)

This explains why Jesus, even at the time of his second coming, shows no knowledge of a forgiving mechanism connected with his death. (Mathew 16:27; Revelation 22:12) They were so knowledgeable that they quoted these verses without opening their Bible!

They said they would come back with answers in one week.

But I don’t think they would come again! But there is all the possibility for a JC Notice, as these two elders are now eye-witness to my “apostasy,” which makes unnecessary an inquiry committee that precedes a JC. But I will not go for a JC. Because the whole JW-ism is a waste built on what Jesus defined as hypocrisy. Hypocrisy is ‘looking for the speck of sawdust in others’ eyes and paying no attention to the plank in ones’ own eyes.’ (Mathew 7:3-5) Conversely, true worship means ’looking for own mistakes, correcting them and refusing to see other’s mistakes.’ According to this definition, EVEN AN ATHEIST IS ACCEPTABLE TO GOD!

Interestingly, one of the elders was of analytical mind, and seemed shaken by the “New Light.”

• clarity
    clarity

ExWtslave......first of all a very big welcome to you!

Interesting post, with a different 'take' on jesus sacrifice.

Not surprising they hadn't read those scriptures in context.

As an ex myself, all we learned were cherry-picked phrases,

and thought stoppers!

Looking forward to hearing seeing more from you! :-)

clarity

• billythekid46
    billythekid46

Hey you finally got what Jesus was talking about. How people still held to certain teaching that should be substituted with love and kindness of course with the premise you understood Matthew 11:16, probably not, as an ex witness myself, you sure showed them, or maybe they just left because they didn’t want to be confrontational like you were. Trust in all the apostates in this forum, they will have you blaspheming against god in no time, oh wait, you already did that. Atheist in god’s kingdom, now that’s funny!!!!!! Welcome ….

• humbled
    humbled

It feels good to be honest, right?

It wears on you to self-edit all the time. Stop yourself from thinking and saying anything to rock the boat.

Welcome, ExWTslave!

Maeve

• smiddy
    smiddy

welcome exWTslave , glad to have you on board , look forward to more of your insightful posts.

smiddy

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Welcome, and very well done. Your take on scripture is logical, well expressed,and a breath of fresh air !

Looking forward to more from your thoughts !

I agree with your decision to ignore the Star Chamber un-christian J.C that the drones of the WT convene. To be judged, and then punished, by three guys who do not even understand the Bible and what it really says would be a joke, a sick joke.

Good luck, whatever happens, I rather hope they do come back, and get another dose of clear exegesis that will rattle their cage, but I doubt they will.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Hi exwtslave

Welcome Nice to have you here.

You showed courage to talk openly about your thoughts.

I think they won't make a jc. First they will come back with some answers or Watchtower articles to teach you about the ransom doctrine. They will try to change your thoughts and opinions, as it is their duty to help those having doubts. When they sense that you don't change your views, they might tell you not to openly tell them to other brothers. If you did that, then a jc will be formed.

Anyway I wish you all the best.

Daniel

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I think you're right about it not being a "life-for-life" thing. However, it was a ransom paid for release from sin and death. Paul explains this in Romans 5. And Rev 5:9 mentions how he bought people for God with his own blood.

Now, that doesn't mean it's life-for life. I completely agree with that. The word ransom means " a sum of money or other payment demanded or paid for the release of a prisoner". Humans were prisoners, or slaves, to sin and death. Christ paid the ransom price with his own life, and bought humans their freedom from such things (albeit future freedom).

Whenever JWs talk about faith in Christ, it's always "faith in his ransom sacrifice". That is NEVER mentioned in scripture. EVER. What is mentioned is "faith in his blood" (Rom 3:25). There's a big difference. Remember, his blood was one component that one should drink for life in themselves (John 6:53). I did a word study of "faith" to see what we should have faith in. Faith in God, faith in the Son, faith in the name of the Son of God, faith in his blood. Never, ever faith in the ransom sacrifice. That teaching does not exist in the Bible.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I read somewhere someone stating something similair and said the ransom was in exchange for Joseph who was sold in to slavery by his brother's, is this possibility what you getting at. That Jesus was exchanged for Joseph?

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Thanks for the posting. Very interesting reasoning and hopefully those 2 elders will think upon it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit