I am not going for JC!

by exWTslave 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

There are too many religions that teach if you're not with us, you're against us.

If Jesus died for the sins of the world, and I believe he did (Isa. 53), he would not just let a handful of people to benefit from it. Animal sacrifice pointed to the Messiah, the killing of the sacral ram pointed the way to the Messiah and the great premortal council pointed to the Messiah. One scholar writes:

His destiny to become mankind's Savior is reflected in an early Christian document, the Discourse on Abbaton, folios 11b-12a, which has the resurrected Christ describing the creation of Adam to his disciples:

And He (the Father) heaved sighs over him, saying,“If I put breath into this [man], he must suffer many pains.” And I said unto My Father, ‘Put breath into him; I will be an advocate for him.” And My Father said unto Me, “If I put breath into him, My beloved Son, Thou wilt be obliged to go down into the world, and to suffer many pains for him before Thou shalt have redeemed him, and made him to come back to his primal state.” And I said unto My Father, “Put breath into him; I will be his advocate, and I will go down into the world, and will fulfil Thy command.”

The account may be quite old, for it is also known from a Jewish text, Pesikta Rabbati 36:1, where we read that God “under his throne of glory put away His Messiah until the time of the generation in which he will appear.” The devil asked about the light beneath the God’s throne and “God replied: Come and see him. And when he saw him, Satan was shaken, and he fell upon his face and said: Surely, this is the Messiah who will cause me and all the counterparts in heaven of the princes of the earth’s nations to be swallowed up in Gehenna.” God spoke further of “My true Messiah, who will pull himself up straight and will pull up straight his generation, and who will give light to the eyes of Israel and deliver his people.” The text then says that God will speak to the Messiah about his mission:

There are souls that have been put away with thee under My throne, and it is their sins which will bend thee down under a yoke of iron and make thee like a calf whose eyes grow dim with suffering, and will choke thy spirit as with a yoke; because of the sins of these souls thy tongue will cleave to the roof of my mouth. Art thou willing to endure such things?

The Messiah will ask the Holy One, blessed be He: Will my suffering last many years?

The Holy One, blessed be He, will reply: Upon thy life and the life of My head, it is a period of seven years which I have decreed for thee. But if thy soul is sad at the prospect of thy suffering, I shall at this moment banish these sinful souls.

The Messiah will say: Master of the Universe, with joy in my soul and gladness in my heart I take this suffering upon myself, provided that not one person in Israel perish; that not only those who are alive be saved in my days, but that also those who are dead, who died from the days of Adam up to the time of redemption; and that not only these be saved in my days, but also those who died as abortions; and that not only these be saved in my days, but all those whom Thou thoughtest to create [evidently as mortals] but were not created. Such are the things I desire, and for these I am ready to take upon myself [whatever Thou decreest].

Jehovah's Witnesses believe that all the members of all religions on Earth who pay homage to Christ and who attempt to live his commandments as they understand them are actually worshiping Satan, and will thus be destroyed when it's too late for them to realize they made a mistake. Nice, eh? But oddly, many Christian religions believe they're the one true church and that everyone else is damned to either Hell or destruction.

If Jesus is the Messiah, he's also the Judge of mankind (John 5:22) and our advocate with the Father. After the fall of man, Jesus became the great mediator. The Father withdrew from man, and Jesus, known as Jehovah, operated as man's go between with the Father. The only words the Father has spoken since then are testimonies of the Son. "Behold, my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear ye him." Some sects believe Jehovah is the Father, but if true, then the Father dealt with mankind directly, to the prophets, with no mediator.

The Muslims believe Jesus is the Messiah, but they don't believe that he was the Son of God. Nor do they believe he died on the cross or gave himself in any way to atone for mankind's sins. According to their eschatology, Jesus will descend upon a minaret in Damascus in the last days upon the wings of two angels. He will then declare to the Christians that they were wrong and attempt to convert them to Islam. From then on, according to them, Christians will no longer have to pay the jizyna taxk. After that, the choice will be rather easy. Accept the religiion or die.

Now that's a missionary program!

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Great post. Keep us updated please!

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

A belated WELCOME to you!!! Great post! I'm so behind in reading post.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome, interesting concept. It's quite refreshing to see a very different take on the subject.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit