JW. org: "No, we are not a cult. We do not look to any human as our leader."

by Faithful Witness 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

abiblestudent,

IMHO an organization/sect is dangerous whenever it uses BITE control techniques to victimize its members to follow its leaders, or when it takes actions to protect the organization's image to the deteriment of its members' basic human rights and welfare.

Well said.

mynameislame,

It is easy to not be a cult if you define what a cult is.

Some think of a cult as people who kill pigs and drink their blood naked in time square on new years eve.

Obviously we are not a cult.

Hilarious and completely true.

sd-7,

9/15/10 WT, p.23

In this time of the end, Christ has committed “all his belongings”— all the earthly interests of the Kingdom—to his “faithful and discreet slave” and its representative Governing Body, a group of anointed Christian men. (Matt. 24:45-47) The anointed and their other sheep companions recognize that by following the lead of the modern-day Governing Body, they are in fact following their Leader, Christ.

Don't see that quote in their little website answer do ya?

Why wouldn't they mention this reference - in the name of full disclosure? The truth has nothing to hide right?

smiddy,

The definitions they didn`t mention surely identify them as a cult. and they are guilty of the sin of omission .

Bingo.

• aquafrenta
    aquafrenta

This thread needs to be a sticky.

wbts is so much more than a "Cult"

I personally believe wbts to be the second most evil org the world has known, surpassed only by the 3rd reich. Once 13 million have died refusing blood it will have passed Hitlers evil org.

"Babies don't go to heaven? They are just dead!! Anyone telling you otherwise is being cruel." said a JW nieghbor to my sister,

only 2 days after her infant had died.

WTF? Ironic doesn't touch the surface!!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One has to realize that the WTS. denying its a cult comes into play the with mantra of not bringing

reproach on to god's organization.

Would anyone really expect the leading heads of this organization openly admit that Yes we are

a conniving, coercive and a entrapping cult ?

Spiritual warfare as defined by the WTS. is to lie and tell half truths, when discussing the organization or its operations, total and open honesty is not.

• Badfish
    Badfish

Jehovah's Witnesses do not look to any human as their leader. Rather, we adhere to the standard that Jesus set for his followers when he stated: "Your Leader is one, the Christ." - Matthew 23:10

Why is Jesus pretty much ignored, but Jehovah and the Governing Body are emphasized? Why is everything about Jehovah, with the Governing Body as the sole channel and mediator? Where is Jesus in all this?

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Oubliette: I dug deeper, and found that the link to the original list I took on that website went back to University of Berkely, from an "Open Computing Facility." It appears to be a forum or facility for students at UC Berkeley, as well as other individuals and groups. I was unable to find the credentials or name of the person who actually compiled that list of cult characteristics. I used it, in comparision or addition to the lists I had seen before. Sorry I couldn't find more to back up the source! It appears the article is no longer on the site.

The thing I found interesting, was that jw. org brought up the question itself. "Are JWs a cult?"

Using the term "cult" can have different meanings to different people. I found that particular list interesting, as I did other lists on the site. So much has been written about cults, and the topic is pretty subjective.

There seems to be a concensus that people who are dedicated to high-control groups, do not realize they are being controlled and manipulated.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Some might think of a "cult" as being a high-control group, that tells you what kind of pants men can wear...

http://youtu.be/HfIAvuaQ9Mw (GB member Anthony Morris, talks about tight pants on men - from Cedars YouTube channel)

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

JWs are not a cult. How do I know? Because the GB tells me so and I believe them.

CR

Listen, Obey and Be Blessed!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This video put out on You Tube by a ex-jws goes into explaining well how the WTS. coerces people toward

them and manipulatively controls them once they are there, eventually creating their own personal problems

for themselves, problems that he himself is trying to work out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmCGtjMrZ7A

• piztjw
    piztjw

JW. org: "No, we are not a cult. We do not look to any human as our leader."

They are right of course. In true jw speak they do not look to any human as their leader. They look to eight imperfect humans as their leaders.

See how easy that was to justify their statement?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit