Masterful Game With Spiritual Stalkers

by WinAgainstThem 19 Replies latest jw friends

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Hey, it worked for King David! You should tell them that you are checking yourself into a mental health facility, just for a bit. They are so busy that they will NOT want to deal with any of that.

So let's get this straight.. The Eldumbs evidently do not believe in demons, not really, or the would not have recommended that you visit a mental health professional. Ironically, they also do NOT believe in "anointed" JW's, execpt the GB. They strongly imply that any who feel they are anointed are more than likely mentally and emotionally unbalanced, and that these ones should ask for forgiveness. So...

1) Demons/ evil spirits = go to a mental health professional

2) Anointed/ Holy Spirit = you need a mental health professional

Do these guys really believe in anything spiritual at all?? Probably not, IMO. JWism is just an Adventist/Jewish mish-mash that promotes a materialistic view in the guise of a spiritual outlook. For JWs, using their "eyes of faith" means blindly following an earthly/physical corporation and it's fallible human leaders.

DD

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

WAT: I told them I was afraid to attend meetings, for fear these demon may make me act up.

I once saw a Smurf doll come to life and walk out of the kingdom hall...I haven't been back since.

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

What a way to expose them. Their mental gymnastics ties them in knots.

They usually just resort to "you should make that a matter of prayer", "wait on Jehovah", or some comment on "progressive truth" (as if truth moves).

lol thanks for sharing and welcome

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

You actually could have some fun with this. Invite the elders over for lunch to encourage you. Serve the following.

Green split pea soup

Deviled eggs

Devil's food cake

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Alphaman .. add a 3 foot smurf doll sitting in the corner staring at them. lol...

thx for the laugh shirley

• WinAgainstThem
    WinAgainstThem

Thanks for welcoming me to the board! At the time of baptism I was very depressed, and confused...thus making the worst mistake of my life. As I was about to get dipped, I looked at my mother..saying.. I cant do this. She urged me to get over my social anxiety, and get baptized. The elder I had studied with approached me, with photo's of me looking disorientated. He stated " I've never seen anyone look so displeased after baptism, are you okay'' I told him water had simply gotten into my eyes. My aunt then asked my mom...why she urged me on in this condition. My aunt had been a witness for over 30 years. My mom, and I was getting baptized at the same time. I basically came into the religion under a state of confusion. I became angry with myself, for not being strong enough to stand firm in saying no . I became angry with my mom for urging me, after seeing in the state I was in. The elder I studied with, is very close with my family...and simply refuses to let me be. He claims to see me as a son, and it's basically spiritually stalking me. He once told me of a story where he encounter a witch in field service He claimed to have knocked on a door, and is invited inside the home Suddenly he is being teleported all over the ladies home. I've never believed this story, and still dont believe it. My mother feels bad about my situation, and says she would never shun family. My aunt and uncle said it's tragic, but they'd have np choice ex[ect to shun me. Years later, I recalled this witch encounter story that the elder had told me. Then I decided to use demons, knowing that this elder would atleast believe it. I mentioned to the elders, that I havent practiced spiritism, and honest dont know.. how I became possessed. My aunt and uncle started to believe in this story. My aunt has mentioned to the elderrs...that I cant control my actions, and they should be easy. My aunt hasnt liked how the elders has handled my case, and has let them know this. Most of the elders are scared to bother me, which is exactly the way I wanted it to be. Now If I could just shake the elder that brought me in the faith. Honestly I do get a kick out of having duped them. They try to control people, and yet ..I have them at a lost with me. I do understand that playing this game.. may not be healthy, and Im seriously considering a move.

• rebel8
    rebel8

The elders suggested that I see a psychiatrist, to which I replied...so you dont believe in demons?

ROFL--that's quite the opposite of what typically happens--a jw wants to see a doc and the elders say it's demons, not mental illness.

I've actually pretended to be demon-possessed to keep dubs away. I did it all dramatic and fake, just to see how far I could take it and have them believe it. I could give you some tips--roll your eyes in the back of your head, talk in a throaty voice, laugh at inappropriate times and in a spooky way. lol

I'm sure there are people who will criticize us for this, and that's ok. My situation was one of severe physical abuse and medical neglect (verbal abuse too), and I used practical jokes, smarts and mind games to fight back. I don't regret it. IMO trying to force someone with severe social anxiety into giving talks and all that stuff is pretty evil, and I see no problem with using their irrational beliefs against them.

Heck, maybe a few will wake up because of it, realizing how nuts their beliefs are.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Reb, can you tell us how to make foaming at the mouth look genuine, I don't fancy a gob full of Washing Up Liquid, how do you do it ?

• Fernando
    Fernando

Welcome WinAgainstThem!

What a masterful way of exposing these spiritually blind charlatans.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I do understand that playing this game.. may not be healthy, and Im seriously considering a move.-Win

everyone has their own way to exit this religion. You way is certainly original, well done. You have remained in control and have not let the elders to convince you to do thinkgs their way. Happily you have not had to go to a JC or anything like that.

But you are right, you cannot sustain this story long term it won't be healthy for you. Are you considering moving away from your family? A fresh start all alone? Are you in a position to do this? Many move away for education and have support at a university or college.

Think very carefully about your next step, you do need a plan to move forward but it needs to be well thought out, sensible and wise. Stay on the board and keep searching for advice here.

Take care love Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit