Masterful Game With Spiritual Stalkers

by WinAgainstThem 19 Replies latest jw friends

• WinAgainstThem
    WinAgainstThem

I've been in the ''truth'' for about 7 years. Basically I grew up believing in it, but knew joining it would destroy me. Im simply awkward around people and have suffered from social anxiety all my life. This meeting greeting and converting thing is ultimately not me. Im simply avoiding doing some assignments by not attending, acting like I can't comprehrend them, or saying that I dont feel well. I've never been the type of person, that could be told what to do. Some elders have tried to manipulate me out of fear to do, as Im told to do. Since I have family in, I stay home mostly to avoid these confrontations. However it's very stressful, since they keep showing up, despite me telling them..to leave me alone. In order to keep them at bay, I've concocted a demonic possession story. They believed this story, since Im always been to myself, and uncooperative with them. I told them I was afraid to attend meetings, for fear these demon may make me act up. I told them, that I dont know what triggers it, and I cant be around the ''friends'' risking it. The elders suggested that I see a psychiatrist, to which I replied...so you dont believe in demons? Then they offered to pray for me, and I refused this request. Soon or later I may get tripped up, but it was a masterful idea to buy some free time.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Well you out loonied them! lol Just be honest and tell them you dont want to talk to them and you'll see them when you see them. That is much easier than pretending to be "demon" possessed. They dont believe it, even they know batter. Pretty funny though. Move on there kid.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

WAT: The elders suggested that I see a psychiatrist, to which I replied...so you dont believe in demons?

Pretty slick move!

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Faking demonic possession to JW elders? That's one of the funniest things I've read on here.

• clarity
    clarity

Hi Win.....welcome to the board ...we can't see you, so

you can just relax!

Now this is the most original excuse going..haha good one!

"I told them I was afraid to attend meetings, for fear these demon may make me act up. I told them, that I dont know what triggers it, and I cant be around the ''friends''

This might work against you however...by you starting to believe it!!

Plse don't damage your self esteem further, just to placate people who

want you to conform! Maybe go to just being depressed & you will let

them know if you need their help!

Spend your time researching the things that scare you and

going out and having fun & some exercise. Make a point to

smile more & talk to at least 2 new people a day!

One day at a time ...keep going ..."everything will work out

in the end ......if it doesn't.......it isn't the end! "

clarity

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Love it ! if you can learn to credibly "speak in tongues" and foam at the mouth, you will never see a JW again !

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

A lot simpler is just to tell them that "there are some things SO personal that you can only only pray about them, and not discuss them with ANYONE! But thank you for your help and concern!!" :)

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Welcome WAT.

I haven't seen any other of your posts. Is there any reason you can't just walk away and never go back? Tell them you do not wish to be in the cult anymore?

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

That's a new one on me WinAgainstThem. Very funny and welcome. Glad you can see the nonsense.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Welcome to JWN Win,

It sounds like you just want to be left alone by the elders. You seem quite stressed about them "helping" you that you went to the extreme of concocting a demonic lie to get rid of them.

We are here for you, keep posting and reading other posters experiences, if you plan your exit well and take control you may feel less stressed. Do things your way on your terms, don't go by their rules.

Take care keep us informed

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit