Feeling alone...

by bohm 17 Replies latest jw friends

• bohm
    bohm

Hey, im bohms girlfriend. I thought i was feeling better... i quitted the anti depressant a year ago - but now ive started again. I know the JW isnt the truth- but i feel so very lonely. I have no one... I have some worldly friends but still... For you who have been in the "truth" you know it isnt the same.. I miss a family- someone to care for me- someone who calls me when im not "there" - but i know, where should i be?? I have no one expecting me but my job.. It saddens me.. And im in need of a helping thought .. to be a young girl in her 20'ies Without anyone is hard... I miss my relationship with my psysical and spiritual family so so much right now... My doctor is willing to pay for a psycology but i dont know if that would really help me?! I guess i just need an uplifting thougt right now to keep continuing my struggeling..

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Your feelings are totally natural - for anyone in your position, not just ex-JWs! So why not try to locate some others in the same situation, amnd form your own circle of friends who have the same background.

That way you will strengthen each other's resolve and knowledge regarding the WTBTS!

Hang in there - life is good if you want it to be good!

• humbled
    humbled

Hi, GF

I'm an xJW mom. 61 years old. One of my sons was baptised--He is out now and counseling has been a VERY good thing for him. Go if you can. It is hard to get oriented in life if you have never known anything but the KH community. GIVE YOURSELF TIME. and fill it with some quiet--but also with new or old interests.

Lots of us have been in something similar to your situation.. There is a life, a good one, waiting for you to make it happen.

Maeve

• Antioch
    Antioch

A life needs to be built. Granted, when you're born, you are supposed to be given a starter relationship kit. A family. You inherit the friends and family they give you.

But once you lose that (in a car wreck, by moving, by being an ex-jw, an ex-mormon, an ex-muslim, or whatever), you have to be strong and go out and build a new set of friends, family, and life. It is hard, scary, and takes effort. You CAN do it. Keep being the friend you are seeking. Make wise decisions. Make the most of the life you can.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

If you like animals, try some sort of animal welfare/rescue org. Might meet some nice folks and the critters really do respond - unlike some humans... Being arounf and helping animals in need seems to be good for both parties.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

But once you lose that (in a car wreck, by moving, by being an ex-jw, an ex-mormon, an ex-muslim, or whatever), you have to be strong and go out and build a new set of friends, family, and life. It is hard, scary, and takes effort.

Yep, the loss of all those (conditional) friendships is the hardest thing to deal with emotionally. Why? Because you suddenly realize it was all FAKE. They didn't really like YOU. They didn't like WHO you were. They liked WHAT you were. (Another JW.) Now that you're not a hard-core JW like them, what's there to like? Sorry, but it boils down to that.

Sooooooooooooo, you have to go drum up a new network of friends. And that is HARD to do. Takes WORK. That's why friends are so disposable to JWS.... they didn't WORK to develop those friendships. They are really just casual acquaintances. Not even "relationships". No work, so easy to cast aside.

Go on now. Build yourself some real friends.

Doc

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Dear one,

the counseling will be very helpful -- I did a year of counseling with a psychologist when I left the wtbts, it was immensely helpful and made me feel so much better than I ever had before.

• adamah
    adamah

Hang in there, kiddo: it can be rough dealing with depression, esp when you're also dealing with the regular social issues of daily life as an ex-JW.

You've been on anti-depressants in the past, so don't be shy on going back on them temporarily, even if you decide to go with the therapy route, since the fog of depression becomes debilitating once it starts to cascade (and it's very hard to move forward to break patterns of thinking when you're unable to think in a depressive cycle). Bury your pride, if you need: it's no sign of failure, since depression is a biochemical imbalance which is more common than many suspect.

At any rate, this is a tough time of year (Winter) for those prone to depression, so make sure to get plenty of restful sleep, good nutrition, exercise, hydration, and activity.

• mgmelkat
    mgmelkat

Know how you feel. I'm just starting now to make close friends outside the cong after two years....

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Hi. Just checking on you. You are not alone. Many of us here are going or have gone through the same thing.

Miss.Fit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit