• Meals prepared
    • Dry cleaning picked up and delivered
    • Personal driver
    • Lodging
    • Fat offices with a view
    • Free clothing
    • Red carpet treatment everywhere they go
    • Worship by the dubs - treated as gods
    • Free medical care, chiropractic care, massage, dental, etc.
    • Access to steam rooms , saunas, gym facilities, pools, etc.
    • World-class "business" travel destinations
    • Company Credit Card
    • Green handshakes
    • Power and Control over millions of lives
    • Power over Billions of dollars

Now they have to be "on" all the time. Tough to be a celebrity you know.

My main beef is this - they are constantly making decisions (doctrine, policy, etc) with a huge bias towards maintaining this lifestyle.

It's like Ray Franz said in his book. Large organizations and institutions always make decisions based on what's best for the organization or what will feed it and make it larger. The men at the top derive all their power/influence/prestige/livelihood from the organism/organization. They will always choose organization over individual. Right or wrong.

Now while that may just be "life" or typical human nature, other organizations/institutions do not claim to be the only representation of God in all the earth. They are not telling you that you deserve death for disagreeing with the biased decisions. They also do not threaten extortion through taking away your family and friends if you voice a differing opinion.

Their policies are transparently self-serving at best if not criminally sadistic.

• sspo
    sspo

I would love to know of all the cash received by CO and DO on their weekly visits is being reported to the IRS as income....as it should.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Jesus had all those things, the apostles too. Why shouldn't the GB and all the other heavy hitters?

Haven't you read the scripture about Jesus taking his brand-new 31 CE chariot to the spa for a massage, then some sauna time after a nice free meal?

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

TTaT...yrs i agree, BUT oh its so sad there are so many big puppets trapped inside the organisation. Bethel is a prison with Golden Bars. So many to old or to afraid to leave...Big shots with crappy rooms and communal meals and i feel sorry for them...what a wasted life. As for the GB the world is full of egotists and power and comfort is for small men.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

WT has a long history of its leaders living a better life than the flock...all while begging for more $$$

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

good one shirley

nhah,

I agree. The suffering and servitude starts pretty quick down the pyramid.

I don't know about DO's, but the life of a CO in a poor circuit isn't that great. I have seen CO apartments that I wouldn't live in. Block walls, prob 500 square ft, and in crappy neighborhoods. That isn't the norm, but they are out there across middle america and the deep south. The free meals sometimes suck and despite the "spiritual paradise" some of the homes of the poorer dubs (where they get fed) are less than sanitary.

I know some have it good in wealthier circuits, but it's a crap shoot.

I just read the Walsh trial stuff again, so I'm fuming over the little napoleans at the top right now.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Does the WTBTS of TRANSYLVANIA have a paid clergy?

I suppose so, but fortunately they're dying off because they all refuse to suck blood. They've tried sucking fractions, but it's just not nourishing enough.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

So the governing body have cars, power and money, are they happier tan the sincere bethelites that work on the production line?

Feel sorry for them, because they are so dehunanatised by the " W,.T" that they dont understand the word " HILARIOUSE"...i think thats a fun word that i discoverd when i left...

• WhoYourDaddy
    WhoYourDaddy

Twitter and the Watchtower seem a TOTALLY logical fit. A WT Twitter iniative is long overdue.

JW's could hang on the every word and utterance from GB. The GB could tweet from the convenience of their own toilet while smelling their own steaming loaf.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

TTATTelder I grew up in Newark NJ in the 80s and 90's and our circuit was dirt poor. We had a Circuit Overseer who came and he stressed to all the elders individually that he would like a new coat very badly. So our body of elders took a collection and got the rest out of congo funds and bought him a nice warm winter coat. When presented with the coat he said that he did not want iot because HE ONLY WEARS LEATHEEEEEEEEER...............................................

The idiots actually returned it, got more money and bought him a leather one. That same CO is now a District Overseer... I wish we could use names on this board so bad.

I bet he could have done that in any congregation in the circuit full of poor working class people and the outcome would have been the same

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit