The Paid Clergy of the WTBTS

by The Searcher 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Does the WTBTS of TRANSYLVANIA have a paid clergy?

Of course they do! But do they lie about it and claim otherwise? Of course they do! Here are some of their falsehoods, imitating "the father of the lie" and his deceptive practices, to blind people's minds:

w03 8/1 p. 20 - "By way of contrast, Jehovah’s Witnesses endeavor to imitate Jesus and his early disciples. They have no paid clergy."

w94 8/15 p. 10 - "Most religions have a paid clergy. In contrast, the Witnesses have no paid clergy..."

w71 8/15 p. 507 - Likewise among Jehovah’s witnesses today there is no paid clergy class burdening the congregations.

No paid clergy??????

So when an organization provides its full-time representatives with free accomodation with free running costs, a free car with free fuel, a monthly cash allowance, free medical & dental when required, these provisions are not classed as "payment" for services rendered???????

If the organization "supplying" such benefits was Coca-Cola, Google, MacDonald's or Microsoft, the tax authorities would be serving notices upon such people!

And all of this does not take into account the weekly gifts of CASH which travelling overseers receive.

We can all rest easy in our beds knowing that "God's spirit-directed organization on earth" is adhering to, and teaching what God inspired the apostle Paul to write -

(1 Thessalonians 2:9) " Surely you remember, brothers, our labor and toil. We were working night and day, so that we would not put an expensive burden on any one of you, when we preached the good news of God to you."

(Acts 20:34) You yourselves know that these hands have provided for my own needs and the needs of those with me.

(2 Corinthians 11:9) Yet, when I was present with you and I fell into need, I did not become a burden on anyone....Yes, in every way I kept myself from becoming a burden to you and will continue to do so.

(2 Thessalonians 3:8) ..nor did we eat anyone’s food free. On the contrary, by labor and toil we were working night and day so as not to impose an expensive burden on any one of you.

(2 Thessalonians 3:10) In fact, when we were with you, we used to give you this order: “If anyone does not want to work, neither let him eat.”

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

You make some very good points.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

By WT's self-deluded, convoluted reasoning, they figure since they do not cut a check every week as salary, then these CO's, DO's and other Big Wigs are not "paid clergy".

I personally know of a CO who "retired" with a nice six figure nest egg from all the "Green Handshakes" he got during his years of "service". I doubt many of the fleeced sheep enjoyed the same thing when they retired.

Secular authorities are waking up to this scam and are casting a wary eye at "unpaid" religious workers who receive loads of perks that are, in a real sense, salary. Additionally, when Bethel workers and others 'retire', it's usually on the public dole.

• sir82
    sir82

Yes, COs and higher get, in effect, "salaries" that provide a solid middle class lifestyle.

Bethel heavies do even better, with a Society expense account allowing for first class travel and 5 star accomodations to anywhere there are JWs - virtually the whole world.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

And they dont mind pioners claiming housing benifit for being unemploed in the u.k.ugggggg

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Bethel heavies do even better, with a Society expense account allowing for first class travel and 5 star accomodations to anywhere there are JWs - virtually the whole world.

I've seen this stated numerous times.

Does anyone know for a fact that Bethel "heavies" fly 1st Class?

I occasionally made arrangements for guest speakers at our KHall and never popped for 1st Class and was never asked to do so. Formal arrangements for Bethel speakers were made by the Branch and costs paid by the circuit (not enough to be 1st Class). Perhaps they had enough airline perks to get bumped to 1st Class. But that's standard airline protocol. I got bumped to 1st Class as a result of my "status" with the airline occasionally, but at no cost to the company. Occasionally, some WTD bro in the cong/circuit would splurge and give airline milage bonuses to fly in dignitaries. I recall one specific occurrance to fly the COW home to visit sickly mother.

Doc

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

I think the answer to that is yes they do travel first class, but its a upgrade from the airline companies " free of charge" because they buy many tickets.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

p.s when i flew to the states, i got upgraded to first class simply because i showed a business card of someone who delta lines did bookings with. That and i looked presentable and they had space. " Ask and you will receive" .

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

I also see nothing wrong with 5 star accommodation, i mean its not that difficult for the common man, to be upgraded to a business class accommodation in London on a sunday if you ask. So for a large organisation organizing bookings with a worldwide hotel chain i think they get it on discount.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

You make some excellent points, Searcher! Thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit