22 questions from creationists to evolutionists, taken from the Nye/Ham debate

by adamah 44 Replies latest social current

• adamah
    adamah

Here's 22 questions asked by creationists of evolutionists, on the night of the Nye/Ham debate: we've got alot of people who can help these creationists out, right here on JWN, so it seems the neighborly thing to do, right?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/messages-from-creationists-to-people-who-believe-in-evolutio

I'll take the easy one....

#22: If we come from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?"

That's a bit like asking, "If Americans are descended from Europeans, why are there still Europeans?"

We share a common ancestor with monkeys, we're not descended from the monkeys that you see today.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

What exactly is your reason for posting here?

• ozbrad
    ozbrad

If man came from dirt why is there still dirt?

• zound
    zound

I'll take a crack at question number 10.

#10. I believe in the Big Bang theory... God said it and BANG it happened!

Oh...

Nevermind.

• JeffT
    JeffT

1 yes

2 no

3 yes

4 no

5 light obeys the laws of physics

6 they don't

7 what about it?

8 science

9 yes, by chance

10 OK

11 some of us don't

12 not true

13 they are two different things

14 go find out what "scientific theory" actually means

15 see above

16 um, look around

17 what purpose do you serve by just thinking whatever somebody else says to you

18 same reason we've only found one of you

19 yes

20 I think about stuff more than you do

21 read more about the Big Bang theory, then come talk to me

22 same reason your parents didn't disappear when you descended from them

There, I think that covers all of them.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The problem with believers I used to think was that they simply had faith, and that was enough for them.

Therefore they were free to ignore rational thinking and evidence.

But this shows that is not so, their Faith is so very weak that they have to try to step in to the realms of Rational Thinking and of Evidence.

Oh dear, they have made such fools of themselves. See all 22 questions if you have not already.

All those questions have been disposed of as fatuous nonsense years ago.

The real problem with believers is that they do not LISTEN !

And they are patently unread/uneducated.

"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people". House.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

1)If he did..Would you Know?!..

2)No..I`m annoyed..He doesn`t answer anyones calls..He could at least text..

3)Yes..

4)Now I`ve got to Look up the 2nd Law of Thermodynamic`s

5)How do you explain a bunny with a pancake on it`s head?!

6)A Repeat of stuff I have to look up..

7)What about tupperware?!..

8)From Life..

9)I don`t know..Thats the Beauty of being an Agnostic..You can admit you don`t know..

10)Thats as good a story as any,nobody really knows..

11)I give up..Why?..

12)You have an opinion just like the rest of us..Good for You!..

13)I don`t know..But..It it explains caterpillars..

14)Both teams have to play by the same rules..

15)What makes you think evoloution may not be intelligent design?..

16)Male Sperm & Female Egg come to mind..

17)I have no faith..I have no friggin idea why I`m here..Niether do you..LOL!!..

18) Crucifiction nails are not easy to find,they found one!..I don`t need 2,to believe them..

19)Absolutely..

20)It`s incredibly easy..

21)Let me guess..You think you Know..You don`t..

22)If Man came from Dirt,Why is there still Dirt?!..

King James Bible

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground,and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

................................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif..OUTLAW

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It is sad that people are still so ignorant about science. Here is a great rebuttal to all 22 false premises.

slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2014/02/06/religion_and_science_answering_creationists_questions.html

• Caedes
    Caedes

Oubliette,

What exactly is your reason for posting here?

Do you really need the concept of a discussion board explaining to you? Or are you merely trying to curtail discussion of a subject that makes you uncomfortable?

• PelicanBeach
    PelicanBeach

I thought both Nye and Ham did a good job at presenting their side of things except for the respective great walls neither was able to climb.

Ham was hindered by his insistence on a literal 24 hour creative day which made his whole historical science argument moot.

Nye attempted to quickly turn an atheist's unfathomable chasm into a bright star when he, with a smile, said that to answer the question of what existed just before the big bang is another great quest that scientists are on. Problem is, science cannot answer how nothing gave rise to something. How does matter arise from nothing? Science cannot answer that which is why most atheists prefer to jump over that question by using straw man arguments.

Both men worked hard to present their case and I learned something from both of them.

Pelican

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit