• out4good3
    out4good3

OOohhhh....

Syncis

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

@out4good3 that's it.

@Band on the Run I should listen to my gut feeling on it

@LostGeneration Yeah I should act uninterested. I did try to talk about having a 401k plan and she came with some rebuttal about the company having a better plan.

• mynameislame
  • zebagain
    zebagain

We have a saying here. "If it sounds to good to be true it probably is".

A few years back jw were all getting into some buy everything u need off us and save and get your friends into it as well-- scheme.

Then there was another one "All Australian company" that went belly up with lots of debts and HQ in NY.

jw seem particularly prone to getting into these schemes.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Looks like the one I stuck my toe in when I was a dub (Melaluca) is still around and doing resonably well. I remember liking at least a couple of the products. Don't think I ended up selling too much of the stuff.

Little did we know it was run by a Mormon. Wonder if that would have mattered?

• out4good3
    out4good3

anyone remember Shaklee?

• JeffT
    JeffT

I took a few minutes looking at their company website. I don't think its an MLM, its just a marketing group. All of their people seem to be paid on commission, which means there financial advice will be based on what is best for their commissions. And if they run off with your money you may or may not be able to get it back from Syncis, minus what you pay a lawyer.

Bottom line: you could walk into your bank and get a better deal. If you really want to save for the future, look up a good certified financial planner.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I find it laughable how JW's go for these mlm's so easily. Probably because they don't have the education for a job that makes money so they have to go for these. The other thing is aren't they supposed to be thinking about preaching at all time so when the opportunity comes up they can do that. Yet the mlm has them thinking of that when the opportunity comes and not the preaching. So funny and hypocritical.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

I looked on their website, it looks EXACTLY like MLM to me. I've copied and pasted the following:

Make Money By Helping Others

As a SYNCIS Associate, you can earn extra income while helping others by:

• Hosting meetings with friends, family and other people in your community.
    • Identifying product solutions that can help your clients achieve their financial goals*.
    • Building and running a team of financial professionals*.

If they are talking about you selling to your friends and family on their website, yep, it's good ol' mlm.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Ugh, I hate MLM. My ex joined every one, always dreaming of the big money that would soon be his, at least that is what he always thought, he never made money on any of them. It's always, always a scam. They may offer something, soap, vitamins, investing, and those things might be fine, if not unique, but you always pay more than what the product is worth to fund the multi level marketing aspect, which richly rewards those further up the food chain than you. The only ones who do well are those who started it, or got in very early or those who are very, very good at selling, are willing to alienate all their friends and neighbors, and who have absolutely no ethics. Anybody else will just be paying a premium to fund their lavish lifestyle.

It's very much like being in a cult, which is why JWs are often involved with them. They will get you into these meetings, love bomb, hype the product, which is the best thing ever invented, and make you feel special for getting to take advantage of this unique opportunity, you will be rich and happy! It's only after the warm glow wears off that you realize you have no desire to try to sell soap/vitamins/investments, in fact your neighbors don't want it anyway, they already bought it from someone else, or are too smart to pay $100 for something worth $50.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit