Syncis....sounds like another MLM scheme

by whathehadas 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

My sister who is 26 and a JW, recently quit her job to join this "company" that helps people invest for retirement. She has a Masters and was working in Education. Now she's sold on Syncis. Sounds like all the other investment MLM schemes to me. She's been bugging me to no end about this shit! The ideal about saving money for your retirement is legit but why do I need this company for that? She was coming at me the other day, trying to degrade me on not having money in the future for retirement. Shit....I'm just getting started in this life away from the borg, who discouraged me from getting a higher education. I tried to get her to think of the JW belief on the "end being so close". She stated that "the end is not coming because I WANT IT TO". Crazy.....JW's aren't even sold on their own beliefs anymore and they don't even know it. Anyways....I just wanted to see if anyone heard of this company and if it's a scheme. My sister wants me to come to her "office" tomorrow.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I tried to google it but I think syncis is too new to have picked up bad press yet. They might also be monitoring their web presence and squelching negative reports. I get the same vibe, whathehades.

• jw07
    jw07

I've noticed that JWs are suckers for easy solutions.

Life is hard?

Throw your belief behind the teachings of men in suits promising qualifying for everlasting life (Watchtower), or endless riches (MLM schemes) after 6 months.

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

Yeah @jgnat it seems like it's a scheme. A business with a aggressive sales pitch. Sounds like Primerica, Pre-paid Legal, etc. All "businesses" that "everybody" needs their services. I've been caught before by a few of them. They pressure you to join and get "all" your contacts to sell the product/business to. They have you waste your gas and spend all your time promoting the product. Sounds VERY similar to a certain Watchtower group smh.

@jw07 suckers indeed

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Never heard of it, one bad review on ripoff report stating its bascially commission only. She quit her job to work this full time??

Well at least she has a masters, probably won't be too tough for her to find another job once she burns out on it.

People burn out on this quickly when they get rejected. Maybe if you sit through her speech and then tell her "no" that will get her one step closer to giving it up.

• jgnat
    jgnat

There's a little bit of anti-establishment in there, too, which makes them easy marks, IMO. Why trust Bank America? Big, bad corporation. Go for the little guy; he'll have your back, LOL.

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

@LostGeneration that was the only review I could find too. It just confirms my suspicions. My sister is smart but she quit her job as a teacher because she didn't like the staff. She left a teacher position before this to teach more kids who have the same ethnic background as a African American. Now she left that job. Seems like she doesn't like the politics in Education. She is hyped on this Syncis, wants to build "her business" off the ground, and needs Me to "help" her do so. I hated dragging myself to the JW meetings for their indoctrination and semi love bombing. The MLM meetings are just alike. I worked with a guy a few years ago. He was into Primerica, which was a company I didn't know about at the time. I was too nice and I let him pressure me into driving about 30 miles away to "his office" which turned out to be a Sales pitch meeting with other associates. I signed up like a fool but fortunately I used a prepaid card for my monthly payment LOL. I cancelled the card shortly after and he called not too long after. After I told him that I had no interest in continuing with the company. He sent me some nasty and insulting text about me not being nothing in the future. WHAT A WAY TO TREAT PEOPLE? SMH

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Was PrimAmerica, the Citibank MLM? I had trouble keeping my mouth shut during the presentation. A kid at the local grocery store invited me. I tried so hard to tell him the con. I am seeing more and more why some people should pay for legal info. It is the only way they value it. He had no sophistication. Ralph Nader and the Justice Department could do a tap dance to convince him and he would not listen. I filed a complaint against Citibank.

If your gut tells you it is a con, it probably is.

• out4good3
    out4good3

Are you taling about this.....

Scentsy

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

After I told him that I had no interest in continuing with the company. He sent me some nasty and insulting text about me not being nothing in the future.

The insanity of these things is that they think if they get you in you will suddenly be interested in "selling" to strangers, or friends and family - which is worse! Like acting like this is going to motivate you in some way to "see the light".

Considering she is your sister I'm sure you want to let her down easy. Simply let her know that you hate to sell, and that you are working on your retirement with 401k/IRA options which don't require you to sell people day in and day out. Once you make it clear you would be an unmotivated person in her downline she will let it go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit