Any explanation from the WT as to why Adam and Eve did not have sex before they sinned? (and other Genesis stumpers)

by BU2B 65 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BU2B
    BU2B

(disclaimer- I know this is all fairy tales but I like to pick Genesis apart since many millions still take it literally and is the foundtion of JW doctrine. Without Genesis being real, the whole thing collpses)

I was just reading through Genesis yesterday, and it REALLY hit me. If Adam and eve were perfect humans in every way, why didnt they concieve children or seemingly have sex beforehand. After they got the boot from the Garden the Bible says THEN Adam and Eve lay down together and concieved a child.

Heres the thing... Adam and Eve would have had perfect parts, perfect fertility, probably the most fertile people ever. The Bible does not say how long they were together before they ate the fruit, but it had to be quite some time. Now to me it would seem that the day Eve was created, Adam would want to...ahem... try out his new companion, especially seeing as he had the perfect testosterone levels, plus he had so long to see al the animals mating that he would know what to do given the chance.

Was he not aware of sexual things before he became sinful? almost like prepubecent children? Its funny how when your brain is switched to the on position, how much in the Bible that once was taken at face value escpecially in Genesis is in reality so utterly nonsensical, and what does make sense paints God to be evil.

Also I came across a couple verses that JWs never bring up. These verses are Genesis 3:22-24. In them God ADMITS the serpent was correct when he said they would become like him when he said "Here the man HAS BECOME LIKE US in knowing good and evil. And now that he may not put his hand out and take fruit from the tree of life and live forever...." After that is when YAHWEH posted the cherubs to guard the tree.

I think JWs ignore these verses because it ruins their theory that humans were DESIGNED to live forever but after Adam ate the fruit humans became like a pan with a dent in it, all offspring defective as well. The verses I quoted above seem to indicate that humans were created like the animals and plants, to deteriorate and die and only eating from the tree of life would keep them alive, thus why God blocked acsess to it. God ADMITTED that they would keep living if he did NOT block the second tree! My whole childhood and teen years I was unaware that there were two trees, as only the tree of the knowledge of good and evil were discussed.

All this leads to another question not adressed by the WT. If Adam DID become like God and his eyes WERE opened, presumably human eyes today are that way as well. What were Adam and eve like before that? Were they like some kind of childlike zombies that God wants to return humans to as per WT doctrine?

It is funny how when any of this is brought up to a JW it invites stony silence. Without Genesis being real, their whole belief structure crumbles. That is why I enjoy picking its laughable plot holes apart. Even before I fully woke up, Genesis would trouble me when I read it, not because I thought it was impossible, but because I felt it made Jehovah look like a tyrannical control freak who didnt take care of his creations.

I invite your thoughts.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Great points. The same ones I thought about over and over prior to waking up!

I couldn't figure out why god talked to Cain. According to WT god didn't like Cain and saw his heart was bad. God liked Abel and his heart was good. But, god spent time chatting up Cain instead of Abel. I'm sure Abel could have used a warning not to go hiking with his brother. Instead god doesn't warn him and does warn Cain. Then god protects Cain... So strange. Free will doesn't explain it. Because he talked to Cain! He warned Cain. That's interfering in free will. He SHOULD have warned Abel!

• Comatose
    Comatose

I used to wonder if the final test after a thousand years would be making the choice each one of us to go back to dumb innocence and lose our ability to see reasoning and right and wrong.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Comatose What separates people like you and I and JWs who these matters would NEVER cross their mind?? They make us feel like the weird ones for even thinking about the stories they always regurgitate!

They say do personal study and read the Bible and meditate on it! Well when I actually listened and did those things the first process in my awakening began!

• Comatose
    Comatose

zombies... I asked my dad and brother these questions. They said, they had them sometimes, but could easily just turn them off. They said they could with no effort just wait till the future when it is all revealed... They said they can see I am different than them, but don't understand why...

• ballistic
    ballistic

Another question; why would you start the human race with one couple, knowing that their children would have no option other than incest?

• sir82
    sir82

Forgetting for the moment that it's all a fairy tale....

There are A LOT of verses that JWs ignore in the Bible.

The number of scriptures needed to maintain their theology wouldn't fill a 32 page brochure.

• 88JM
    88JM

There are loads of problems with the Genesis account, and even more problems with the JW interpretation of it.

Some of the previous threads on here, especially ones by Leolaia, make much more sense of the account, when looked at from a Jewish mythology point of view - things like the word "perfection" or the snake being Satan not even being mentioned in the account, but were later Xian additions.

I seem to remember the mythology does have something like Adam and Eve as being far more "child-like" than the WT interpretation, and not knowing about sex either - that's why only after they had eaten from the tree they realised they were naked? Presumably God was later going to aquaint them with "doing the business" as a reward for not eating of the tree or something?

• ballistic
    ballistic

why Adam and Eve did not have sex before they sinned?

Perhaps she just wasn't his type?

• 88JM
    88JM

He seemed pretty excited when he saw her though? Bone of my bones and all that?

Maybe it was the other way around and SHE wasn't interested in HIM? There's not much recorded about Eve's reaction to Adam. All she seemed to be interested in is food and talking to a snake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit