So what are you up to?

by Xanthippe 44 Replies latest jw friends

• d
    d

School I might to hang out with some friends.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

JWdaughter how did the house hunting go? Your granddaughter sounds gorgeous, lots of fun. My mother taught me to play gin rummy, she was really into card games. She llike crib the best, (cribbage), but we could never afford one of those fancy wooden score boards we just used to add it up on a piece of paper. Well that takes me back!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Jen1 hope you had a scrumptious roast dinner and enjoyed you hobby on the weekend. Isn't it great to have time for hobbies now?

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I wish I could figure out how to insert pics of some of the flowers - Kaik

Kaik you need to register on something like photobucket

Upload your photos to that site by clicking on upload, choose photos (which takes you to the photos stored on your pc)

Click on photo you want, this puts the photos into your library on photobucket

Click on library, choose the photo you want

On right of the screen is Links to share this photo

Click in the box called direct

It turns yellow and says copied

Then on this forum click on insert/edit image (the tree symbol)

In image URL box right click and paste

Insert image. Hope this works for you!

• humbled
    humbled

Happy Valentine's Day!

GOLDIE HATCHED OUT a BABY CHICK TONIGHT!

There may be more by morning. Or no more than this. I wish I could send you the sounds she is making as she clucks in her throat to the one little hatchling under her wing. I saw its little beak stick out once then pull back under her.

I came in late from my caretaking job and looked in on her... Steadfast and alone. I felt sorry for her after setting the eggs for 21 days, some days through the bitterest cold. This was the day...and nothing. Half an hour later stirring up the meal, I heard a peeping and knew what had happened.

It's a flippin miracle(--see the post about her on page two). She had come staggering in for feed after sitting in her hidden nest for darn near 2 weeks in a briar patch through our last heavy snow. I didn't think there was much a chance she could bring anything through, but we brought her in by the stove after I found her eggs. I had marked when she had first left off roosting with the other poultry and knew it should be valentine's day for a hatch.....

................and life found a way!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit