The sob story continues,,,

by Elsewhere 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I think I may have pissed off the gods or something. ;) My luck just turned further south... I just totaled my car.

I was coming around the bend where 360 North exits to the 183 East and West fork in Arlington Texas. As I came around, there was suddenly a long line of stopped cars. I couldn’t stop in time to avoid the cars in front of me so I hit the brakes and swerved onto the right shoulder. Unfortunately, on the right shoulder there was a dark colored unoccupied parked car and I slammed into it. It was already night and the car was dark colored, so I didn’t see it. The front of my car is crushed and the airbags went off, the other car is only scuffed on the back bumper – it’s an older model full size sedan and is built like a tank.

That damn car was in just the right place for me to hit it. A little further or earlier up the road and I would have missed it.

Fortunately I ALWAYS wear my seatbelt, so I didn’t get all banged up. Right now I’m sore and feel ok beyond that. My neck is a bit sore too – but that’s to be expected, I hit that car pretty hard. I also have a few bruises, one on my right elbow (I have no idea what I hit - I have a very low console), one on my neck from the seatbelt, and one on my right wrist where the airbag hit me.

My deductible is $250, so that isn’t so bad; my dad said he could cover that for me. Allstate will also pay about $20 per day for a rental and take care of the towing. It will take a little while, but I should get my insurance money and be back on the road soon.

I’m 29 and this is my first accident. I’ve never even gotten a ticket before… speaking of which, the police office did not give me a ticket or anything :) , so that is good.

[Sigh]

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Oh! I don't want to forget!

A BIG THANK YOU goes out to Megadude for comming out and picking me up!!!!

THANK YOU!!!
    THANK YOU!!!
    THANK YOU!!!

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    <x ><

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

((((((Dave)))))))

*passing Dave some tylenol for the aches and pains*

What is going on in Texas today? Is there some dark cloud hanging over you and Valis?

Things have got to get better now!

Hugs,
    j2bf

• COMF
    COMF

Sorry to hear of this, David. I know that spot well, having driven it regularly coming home from Debra's house in Arlington. They're doing road work there at night on 183 and they shrink four lanes down to one immediately past the 360 exit onto 183. After spending an extra 45 minutes in it two different times, I learned to go on down 20 to Loop 12.

Hope the insurance comes on through with no hassle for you. I'm very glad to hear you're not hurt any worse than you were.

COMF, whose life was saved by a seatbelt in a 70 MPH head-on

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
    Moves on: nor all your piety nor wit
    Shall lure it back to cancel half a line,
    Nor all your tears wash out a word of it.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

((((Joy2bfee)))) - Thanks

They say bad things happen in threes... I wonder what is next.

<x ><

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

((((((dave))))))

oh thank dog you are okay!!!! accidents are scary. my adrenaline is pumping just thinking about it!

get some rest, maybe see a doc about the neck. take care of yourself!

love
    harmony

ps. that megadude, what a wonderful guy ((((jerry))))

• LDH
    LDH

(((((((((((else))))))))))))

Unfortunately, on the right shoulder there was a dark colored unoccupied parked car and I slammed into it

If that car was illegally parked you may have some recourse. LOL this could be the answer to your problems....

((((dude))))

Lisa

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

I suggest you buy a night-vision glasses.

Guest 77

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

I'm glad you're alright. I've been to accidents where people didn't wear their seat belts - they didn't walk away like you did.

Take care of yourself. And tell Murphy's Law to take a hike ;)

hugs,
    Mimilly

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

{{{{{Elsewhere}}}}}

Glad you are ok...good job on wearing the seatbelt. I hope you get all you are entitled to and are able to get another auto!

Take care,
    Tina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit