The sob story continues,,,

by Elsewhere 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Lilacs,

"Mistake" hehe
    My first car was a 1991 Ford Tempo. It was great and very reliable, until it spontaneously combusted and burned to a cinder on the side of the road.

Despite that I'm trying another Ford (This is my third car).

Joy2bFree,

What was that about the gods frowning on you??
    Sounds like you made lemonade with the lemons you were handed.
    Now, how's the job situation coming?
    The job search is still going bad. Since April 29th I have sent my resume to 23 companies - so far nothing solid, a few phone calls, but that’s it. If I can't find something soon I will lose my apartment on the 11th of June. Fortunately I have two friends who have offered to put me up until I find a job. So much for the theory that atheists are evil. [8>]

Lemons to Lemonade... my mom said the same thing. Though I must admit that I have never really liked that saying because it takes an AWFUL LOT of sugar to make lemonade!

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• termite 35
    termite 35

Hey, poor you...hope the neck is'nt too sore;all these good vibes are bound to work;I hope you get some luck on the job sit. soon..

will my new icon cheer you up?! xx

• Valis
    Valis

At least now when you got out in service you can carry more publishers and look classy doing it.....Pic of Else in his new car...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Elsewhere, I've been worried about you and I'm glad to hear that things are looking up. I believe that you will get a job soon. In fact, I'm putting out "get a job" vibes for you.

Termite, love your icon!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    will my new icon cheer you up?!

[Head bobbing up and down]

Dutchie,
    Picking up the vibes.

Valis,
    Love it! I'll have to see if I can find on on Ebay!

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    <x ><

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I've been driving my new-used-car since Monday and I absolutely LOVE it!!!

It is FAR better than my Sentra was. It's in immaculate condition, looks great and even smells great (few used cars do). It also has a sport suspension with a kick ass Dual Overhead Cam, 24 Valve V6 engine. I can accelerate and take corners like I have never been able to. It drives like a sports car. I LOVE IT!

I should have totaled my Sentra a long time ago!

<x ><

• b_ster
    b_ster

Prisca:

The seatbelts law depends which state you live in... In New Hampshire you only have to wear a seatbelt if you are under 18... Of course there you don't have to wear a motorcycle helmet either..

There license plate says "Live Free or Die"

Cheers,
    b_ster

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

OK, got my new-used-car all tuned up
    (The car has 73,000 miles on it).

Changed the Oil & Oil Filter
    Changed the Transmission Fluid (Filter was OK)
    Changed the Air Filter
    Changed the A/C Air Intake Filter
    Changed the Spark Plugs
    (All needed changing)

Checked the Coolant (Good, looks like it was recently flushed and replaced)
    Checked the battery (Good and Clean, no corrosion)
    Checked the belts (All good, looks like they were recently replaced)
    Checked the hoses (All good, looks like they were recently replaced)

Poured in a fuel-system/fuel-injector cleaner with the last tank of gas

They only thing I can think of that I didn’t check or change was the fuel filter, which is mounted with the gas tank and hard to get at. When I can afford it I will take the car to a mechanic and have him take care of that. What’s really nice is that this model has a Timing Chain, not a belt, so I don’t have to worry about changing that.

<x ><

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Don't want to forget... here's a pic of my new baby :

<x ><

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Dave,

I see you went the aposto-babe magnet mobile.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit