Is it Humanly Possible, that the writers believe this stuff?

by objectivetruth 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

As many of you know, whom have been in the Org for a while.. The WT is hard coded into your mind. Sometimes, I will read a WT, to make sure that I hadn't imagined all of the ridiculousness..

And then I read A WT like this : http://m.wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2004168 (Is linking to this legal?)

I especially enjoyed this section :

2 Jesus spoke of the evil slave immediately after discussing “the faithful and discreet slave.” He said: “If ever that evil slave should say in his heart, ‘My master is delaying,’ and should start to beat his fellow slaves and should eat and drink with the confirmed drunkards, the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect and in an hour that he does not know, and will punish him with the greatest severity and will assign him his part with the hypocrites. There is where his weeping and the gnashing of his teeth will be.” (Matthew 24:48-51) The expression “that evil slave” draws our attention to Jesus’ preceding words about the faithful and discreet slave. Yes, the “evil slave” came from the ranks of the faithful slave.* How?

3 Before 1914, many members of the faithful slave class had high hopes of meeting with the Bridegroom in heaven that year, but their hopes were not fulfilled. As a result of this and other developments, many were disappointed and a few became embittered. Some of these turned to ‘beating’ their former brothers verbally and consorting with “confirmed drunkards,” religious groups of Christendom.—Isaiah 28:1-3; 32:6.

1. They go as far as to claim that "The Evil Slave" is a different slave then the "Faithful & Discreet Slave"! LOL I have never noticed this before.

2. They claim that the slave is Evil, because of disappointment over 1914!? As if harsh words can be compared to a Law Book of 1,000 intricate laws, some carrying Complete Seperation from Family & Friends As a Punishment.. Hmm

3. What tops it all off.. This article goes on to to support the fact, that there were faithful and discreet slaves since 33 CE, while completely ignoring anything anyone has done for the past 1900 years. and of course, this article is "Old Light" since we all know that the bible says that the First faithful and discreet slave was Rutherford : (

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

They don't need to believe it, they just have to force you to

• steve2
    steve2

I operate on the premise that there is virtually no limit to the human potential for self-delusion. That it manifests itself to us so glaringly in the self-worshipping prose of the Watchtower is a reflection of our own sensitivity to the nonsense streaming out of the organization. But that nonsense is literally plain, unsalted peanuts compared to the mountainous delusional ramblings of every possible shade of religiosity ever known to inhabit the deluded minds of humankind, past and present, for thousands upon thousands of years.

• prologos
    prologos

here is another one from the Saturday, February 1 daily text commentary.

"--We did not want our OWN will to be done; so when we found out that we were expecting the WRONG thing in October 1914, then WE were glad that the Lord did NOT CHANGE 'His Plan' to suit us. We did not wish Him to do so. ---- This attitude of HUMILITY---.

Humility to think, that they, in their False-Prophet-mode, would even be worth consideration by anyone, let alone the 'Lord' being moved to move the supposed end-time events forward.

Of course during that time, Einstein also felt sorry for the 'LORD' if 'He" would have Albert's equations turn out to be wrong.

But A. E. established a good record compared to the 100% failure rate of the wt writers. 1% per year= 100% in 100 years. and even further back.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Hey Objective truth.......someone correct me if I am wrong, but this is now "old light". I believe they acknowledge that the evil slave would be the FDS if they didn't fullfill their commision which as we know is completely impossible because of how great things are going.

Its in the "new light series" from I think it was October?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Most jws will only ever have a superficial understanding of all this. I'm an intelligent, educated person yet when I was a jw I only ever had a superficial understanding off all that stuff. It wasn't interesting to me or relevant to my life. Others are confused by it and don't worry about it, just keep obeying. Others it passes through undigested like a corn seed and they never realise what perversions of reality is being inflicted on them.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

You know when I think of my young self trying to get my head around this garbled nonsense is it any wonder that many of us end up thinking we are stupid and having self esteem issues? It made me doubt my own intelligence because everyone around me seemed to get it but I just couldn't see it. Now I realize that if something seems to be garbage that's because it is.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Xanthippe you are so right. If we didnt get it, we thought we were stupid. Jw for beginners is so simple ie the idiotic doctrine in the bible teach book n other 'beginner' jw publications, but then once you're in it turns to that convoluted crap and then we go, " it's so simple but we must be dumb not to get it." Omg I am so #$@!@%& mad at that &@@#?+&!! Cult, taking 14 years of my life!!!!!!!

• galaxie
    galaxie

They (the writers) are basically on a runaway train which leads to a destination by way of ever changing crossing points because the destination never arrives .The train just keeps on rollin' along. Sometimes it slows , sometimes it gains momentum. Beware don't try and jump on 'cause its going nowhere!!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Omg I am so #$@!@%& mad at that &@@#?+&!! Cult, taking 14 years of my life!!!!!!! Julia Orwell

Me too Julia. I couldn't get my head around this crazy ransom (redemtion) teaching at the age of sixteen and kept asking bros. and sisters I worked with in FS if they understood it. I couldn't bear the thought of someone being tortured to death for my benefit. Of course they treated me as if I was stupid! Sadly it took me fourteen years after that to leave.

However I think I have finally learnt to trust myself and my own judgement. Now I don't care who stands up on their hind legs and starts telling me what reality is if it doesn't add up they know what they can do with their expert opinion.

Thanks for replying by the way sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself on here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit