Ex-Military JWs collect money

by Jon Preston 15 Replies latest jw friends

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

This causes me some cognitive dissonance. It would seem that the FDS, while being hypocrital in this regard, have inadvertenly done the right thing.

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Cheers. Good point...i was thinking strictly from a WT point of view....i agree i feel everyone who serves deserves that money...What i dont like is peole bad mouthing serving in the military while collecting its benefits...structly the way the WT speak of the military...

• designs
    designs

We had a brother in the last KH I attended who collected Veterans Disability payments for a self-inflicted gun shot would. He shot himself in the foot over in Vietnam.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

My husband is a disabled veteran and has 2 bachelor's degrees. There was one day, when 2 JW's were at our house, MOCKING people who were proud to have served in the military. They knew of my husband's experience in the Gulf War, and they knew he continued to suffer from that service. He was pretty offended, that these people who claimed to be his "friends" were acting this way toward him... especially since one of them was an Army veteran himself (who is still in the process of applying for his own disability benefits from the VA).

Hypocrites.

• jam
    jam

I'm a vet of Vietnam. When I was a JW I was suffering from Ptsd and

effects from Agent Orange. I wasn't aware of what was causing the

problems. I never considered going to the VA hospital, that was out

of the question. I was told I needed to go out in door to door work more and pray.

Finally after years of suffering and my employer told me I need to take care

of my problem ( I begain passing out in my job, my driver license taken away),

I went to the VA hospital. They awarded me 100% disability. I return from

Vietnam in 1968, my award came in 2002. If I was still a JW I would still be passing out,

without a driver license and probably still working.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I feel they deserve it. In a fair world, they would receive more compensation. Visit Arlington if you doubt it. My father spent WWII at Bethell with a ministerial deferment. I grew up in freedom b/c of my classmates' fathers. My neighbor in PA has severe brain damage and PTSD from serving in Afghanistan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit