Ex-Military JWs collect money

by Jon Preston 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Isnt this somehing that would be against god or at least hypocritical? JWs who were in the military but quit still accept money from their jobs so they can pioneer and still get paid....

or am i being too harsh.

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

Isnt this somehing that would be against god or at least hypocritical?

Why would it be hypocritical to get paid? We should be greatful for their service to our country. They go to fight for our freedoms that we enjoy in this country. I for one, have a deep respect for them now that I am no longer a JW.

Shana

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

No, I know a few JWs who had 30 years in the Service, nothing wrong with collecting their pay that was part of their total compensation at the time. The Military Men and Women get a lessor paycheck in favor of better benefits, we should not be like the Hypocrites we are disappointed with, let's leave the pettyness to them. The Soliders deserve their pay even if they changed to a JW later in life, it would invalidate their hard service and the V.A. is already attacking our VETS now, don't give them any fire power to take away from the VETs.

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Ok that makes sense...but what pisses ME off is that they hate our military now they hate our country its frlm the Devil...and i appreciate ALL who serve...i do....because i rehabilitate so many of them but is pisses me off when a JW who was worldly and was an army soldier talks poorly of hos ex brethren them accepts a paycheck......saavy?

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Toe it is the height of hypocrisy now that hes found the one true fsith that he looks down on his bros and the ones who have fallen....put it another way...ive been DYING to buy a wounded warrior project shirt but cant because me wifes a JW and those guys will wonder why im buying an armed forces tribute shirt

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Im sorry if i seemed like an unapprdciativ prick...ot couldnt be firther from the truth

• mann377
    mann377

The only problem is that in order to recieve retirement from the miltary you have to agree to defend the country and put the uniform on again if called. So here the elder is preaching the "good news of the WTBS" all the while agreeing to the retirement conditions. What do we call this? Oh by the way I have seen elders counsel brothers who had a gov contract to mow the lawn at a base all the while the elder was retired miltary!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I assume most don't hate their country. They are just misled by Watchtower. Just as a born-in or a fader goes through the motions, they preach. Most former military preach the upbeat stuff and not the hatred-of-the-beast stuff. Give them their due.

• RunAsFastAsYouCan
    RunAsFastAsYouCan

who cares....

Jw's are just a bunch of batshit crazy people trying to get your momey when you die and raise money to launder your local kingdom hole when it's paid off.

• under the radar
    under the radar

As far as I am concerned, any veteran has EARNED whatever benefits and retirement income he or she gets. And that extends to their dependents and survivors as well. So they have every right to collect on these benefits and nobody has any right to begrudge or criticize them for doing so. Again, these benefits have been earned, and are therefore OWED to the recipient, regardless of what their personal beliefs are now.

What makes my blood boil is when people maneuver things in order to collect welfare or disability payments they are not truly entitled to in order to pioneer or the like or even just to have an easier (read: lazier) life. Welfare is meant to be a short-term social safety net, NOT a lifestyle choice. I think society as a whole would greatly benefit if there was more emphasis on personal responsibility and less reliance on government handouts. A measure of stigma attached to receiving welfare unnecessarily might serve a good purpose too. Oh well, one can dream, right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit