Rap song about -----------------------Apostates

by Watchtower-Free 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

"Jesus is the rock..

"...The only way is through Grace..."

"..don't drink the kool-aid, cuz it's not too late, they (apostates) teach and preach true hate...

"...emulate Christ the Lord..."

And they must be new converts or something. Too much Christian in those lyrics. For a minute I even thought maybe they were Christians and the song was against groups like JWs and Mormans. But no, there are far too many JW expressions in there and far too much emphasis on being good to save your own ass. The artists are definitely JW...

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

rebel 8......your standards for hip hop must be lower than mine.

Go listen to The Roots, Talib Kweli, Mos Deff, Common, and from the 90's Pharcyde and A Tribe Called Quest.

This production is barely amateur, and their voices are bad. Plus their skills as rappers are just not there.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

This production is barely amateur, and their voices are bad. Plus their skills as rappers are just not there.

Well, yeah, but they are amatures. It's an amature song. An amature song by a Jehovah's Witness. ugh. As that, I'm pretty impressed. Comparing it to a Mos Deff song is hardly fair. (sorry to bud into to your discussion with rebel...)

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

lisa.....they are terrible. i stand by it. I know plenty of amateurs. Just because you are amateur doesn't give it an excuse to be bad. Lol. Yes comparrisons to those guys aren't fair. I was just giving some possible ear candy for the future.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

People should leave some comments on the video on YouTube

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

lisa.....they are terrible. i stand by it. I know plenty of amateurs. Just because you are amateur doesn't give it an excuse to be bad. Lol. Yes comparrisons to those guys aren't fair. I was just giving some possible ear candy for the future.

Well, ok then. The only amatures I know are high school students who are really terrible, so I don't really have any good amatures to compare this little song with. I will defer to your opinion on the subject! :)

• rebel8
    rebel8

I have no standards when it comes to rap or pretty much most music. I was brought up in a cult that did not approve of any music except Kingdumb Smelodies. (Once I even tried to listen to classical music and I was told it's Satanic. Something to do with 1 composer being mentally ill, IIRC.)

I never developed much of a taste in music. I only know what does/does not sound good to me. Bear in mind, I do not get much contemporary music. Katie Perry? She's beautiful and has catchy songs, but I do not think she has a good voice. etc. Lorde=awesome, hauntingly weird performance @ the Grammys. I have no comprehension of how to sing or make music.

Good idea to post comments. Done.

In my day, the Governing Body said disco was Satanic. Isn't rap?

Here's something to think about. Watch "The Invention of Lying". Why do you believe jehoopla is real? It's a combination of things. 1. Someone told you. 2. You lack an understanding of alternative explanations of the origin of life. 3. Your social structure is organized in such a way that it would be heartbreaking to leave it all.

That doesn't make it true. Watch "The Invention of Lying". Save yourself from the rest of your life in fruitless pursuits, delusion and sadness.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

According to his "about" on Youtube he has been studying for 6 months .And loves it.

Please try to help him .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit