1914 to 2014--Has Jesus been ruling for a 100 years?

by Londo111 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Londo111
    Londo111

Consolidating these videos on this page:

http://www.jwlove.org/1914ad/

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

My personal opinion is based on the title of Knorr's 1966 talk, What Has God's Kingdom Been Doing Since 1914? Can you name ONE thing? Jesus gave signs the fulfilment of which whould be obvious, including astronomical signs. I'm still waiting to see them.

• designs
    designs

The grass is green in Wallkill and the tennis court lights work....all is right with the world.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Bumping.

100 years ago today Archduke Ferdinand was assassinated, the spark that led to World War I.

Understanding World War I in the historical context will help keep this in its proper perspective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYGvVntJbX4&feature=share&list=PLyNx0oM_bmgARlo4tOu8p5ffLCVztc0Yb&index=3

• Londo111
    Londo111

Bumping for any JWs returning from the convention...

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

The org. always says...so it's been a 100 years since Jesus has been ruling. Then they say what he has been doing for those 100 yrs. They haven't said, because the JW's themselves are asking themselves....well just what has been Jesus been doing ? I really do think witnesses are wondering, wow Jesus has been up there for a long time...wonder what he's been doing...they are just as impatient as any of us...

Jesus is chill'in with his Dad....

Legacy

• Londo111
    Londo111

According to what I hear about the talks and new publication, the kingship of Jesus is synonymous with what the Watchtower Society has been doing for the last 100 years.

But if the kingship of Jesus would mean the employment of all in the future, why would there be Bethel layoffs? Why would he not more effectively deal with the problem of child abuse in the organization from the getgo? Under his kingship, why would he not prevent predictions such as 1925 and 1975, the Generation who saw 1914 not passing away? Millions now Living will never die? Why would it take 10 years to get rid of the Giza Pyramid teaching? Why take 90 years to identify the Governing Body as the “Slave”? Why all the wacky teachings in the Golden Age?

If the kingship of Jesus means perfect health for those in the future, why during his kingship now, disallow organ transplants and then allow them? Why disallow blood fractions and then allow them? How many have passed away because of those teachings?

Yep, the Watchtower is full of imperfect people who need refinement, but why do they overrule Jesus? What all this shows is that Jesus is not in charge of this organization. To say otherwise, would be utter blasphemy, and declare him an inept ruler.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Thanks londo

WBTS : The generation that understood the events in 1914 will BY NO MEANS PASS AWAY ....

A supercentenarian (sometimes hyphenated as super-centenarian) is someone who has lived to or passed his/her 110th birthday.

There are estimated to be 300-450 living supercentenarians [ 3 ] in the world, though only 73 verified cases are known. [ 4 ] A study conducted in 2010 showed that the countries with the most known supercentenarians (living and dead, in order of total) were the United States, [ 5 ] Japan, the United Kingdom, France, and Italy. [ 6 ]

The first verified supercentenarians in human history died in the late 19th century. Until the 1980s, the oldest age attained by supercentenarians was 115, but this has now been surpassed

The largest number of verified living people aged 115 or over at the same time is five; this has happened once:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercentenarian

This WBTS prophesy has failed !

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Simples: of course not. What are you thinking?

• Londo111
    Londo111

I’m thinking a discerning person will come to the same conclusion.

Also very integral to the discussion is: Who Is The Faithful Slave?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeURVCRK7GQ&list=PLyNx0oM_bmgBuDVZWWiInBRGoovkUj95B&index=3

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit