1914 to 2014--Has Jesus been ruling for a 100 years?

by Londo111 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• free2beme
    free2beme

He has been ruling, in the minds of JW. But in reality he is a myth.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" My JW relative claim that the generation of 1914 is still around so the WT is " Truth " and Armegeddon is imminent "_____Kaik

Hello Kaik,

Maybe you could be specific and ask your relative if any of those supercentarians alive today

were actual Bible students who discerned the sign as prophecy

or are they " Part of the World " who made no connection at all

LOL . Jehovah's Witnesses claim to keep " Separate from the world "

yet they become all inclusive to include supercentarians of any religion

jus to save face

• blondie
    blondie

About 1.8 billion. It's difficult and potentially misleading to be more precise because some regions (notably China) aren't known accurately. But it's accurate to within a few tens of millions.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

What's important for us to remember is that the JW's now believe in a Trinity, 3 overlapping generations is 1 generation. Praise Jah for the new light, now we can join the rest of the Trinitarians.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Watchtower Jesus has done nothing discernable in the past century. It's as if he wasn't really in charge of anything. He's evidently a false christ, the Fapperchrist.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

You mean Christ's enthronement and ruler-ship in 1914 was just something the WTS. commercialized

to aid in this religious publishing house literature proliferation toward the public, say it ain't so.

Then why did Jehovah choose a bunch of fraudulent false prophets as his solemn earthly organization ?

That just doesn't make sense !

• yadda yadda 2
  • kaik
    kaik

1914 date is one the weakest point of JW theology, because it is so enshrined in nonsense. It became liability and burden for the organization to maintain membership and entice new members. How many people would awe and say wow, Jesus is rulling this earth for 100 years? Everyone with IQ over 80 will see through this nonsense

• prologos
    prologos

according to wt writers, This generation* is not the general population, but the 'anointed'

" " " " only baptized jw will survive into the panda petting paradise

acording to wt writers , This generation* of 'anointed' wii NOT survive "all these things' i.e. Armageddon

* overlapping

• kaik
    kaik

Prologos, I am not sure when they changed the generation again and again, but I clearly remember from my Eastern European KH under the commies that Generation meant anyone who was born before 1914 and witnessed the changes after that year. I also remember that elder told me that my grandmother born in 1900 was a member of that generation even when she was not JW. We were told that the witness of the generation is everyone who remembered the start of WWI. I am not sure when it had changed again, but around 1980 this was teaching we were told. Also the elders used to say that people who were 80 years old had certainly heard of JW and the message of Jesus invisible presence, making them the generation mentioned in Matthew. Not everyone who heard preaching of Jesus in 33AD and witnessed the destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD was his follower nor associated with the apostles. They were witness of his preaching. This was exactly explained it that way by the elders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit