Disfellowshipped daughter not told of father's death

by dozy 26 Replies latest jw friends

• dozy
    dozy

My wife was informed by her father that an old JW friend had died so she decided to text his daughter ( who lives abroad & is disfellowshipped ) her condolences. Immediately the daughter phoned my wife in great anguish as she hadn’t been informed that her father had died ( bearing in mind this event had happened 3 days previously. ) Of course any chance that she might have had for coming over for the funeral had past.

Her two brothers are elders and her sister is a regular pioneer but not one of them had thought to let their sister know. Just ridiculous.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Sadly when you become a JW , over time you lose natural feelings for people , compassion , concern , and above all genuine love .

This religion not only stifles such emotions it kills them .

After exiting JW`s it takes some time to restore normal human emotions again .

A very sad experience to have had. Not one you will here at a convention.

smiddy

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Disgusting Cult. How they have the gall to pretend they represent a God of love I do not know.

And this callous, unfeeling attitude is directed by 8 men who claim to be Christ's brothers.

• stillin
    stillin

Was it "necessary family business" to let her know that her father had died?

In a perfect world, the father was very explicit in the writing of his will. His entire estate is bequeathed to the DF'd daughter.

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

Maybe the father insisted on not letting her know? Either way, it's ridiculous her family didn't inform her.

• blondie
    blondie

Shame, shame, what a lack of love.

My suggestion, if you live out of the area, try checking the obits in the newspaper in that area even backdating (I check every day for people I care about) or if it has been awhile, try the Social Security Death Index.

http://www.ssdi-search.com/

Some past posters on JWN used this and found family and jw friends that had died but not been told.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Sickening - how anyone can justify this despicable behaviour is beyond comprehension.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Her two brothers are elders and her sister is a regular pioneer but not one of them had thought to let their sister know.

They were obviously too close to being godlike that they forgot about normal human compassion and love. That's what the cult does.......it rips the humanity out of you.

• designs
    designs

dozy- That's how it rolls in Watchtowerland.

• dozy
    dozy

What is sad is that the family are actually quite nice people , albeit Watchtower zealots. The parents had very gradually eased off on the absolute shunning over the years and would send a card once a year and the daughter would very occasionally send a short letter with news and pictures of the grandchildren ( whom the parents never met - they were the only grandchildren as well as the other 3 aren't having children "in this system". ) The mother has alzheimers so I wouldn't blame her - it's the siblings that really sadden me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit