Disfellowshipped daughter not told of father's death

by dozy 26 Replies latest jw friends

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I think Jehovah's Witnesses are the only religion that truly feel the more they abuse someone, the more that person will want to be part of the group. They've taken "tough love" to an incomprehensibly cruel level.

no doubt her elder and pioneer siblings will tell her, "see, if you were a JW in good standing, we would've told you Dad died. It's one of the "privileges" you'll receive if you become a JW again".

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DOZY:

If that were my situation, and if my siblings neglected to inform me of a parent's death, I would inform them, in writing, that their act of omission was intolerable and that I am never coming back to the religion and I do not want to hear any appeals for money EVER from them for whatever reason!

I would also advise them to get the religion to take care of their final arrangements.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

That is outrageous. My elder brother called me about my mom, although only when she died, not when she went to the hospital. I can think of no rule that you cannot inform a family member about a death, it should be covered under "necessary family business".

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Her two brothers are elders and her sister is a regular pioneer but not one of them had thought to let their sister know [of her father's death].

That proves some of you mentally diseased apostates wrong!

Finally we have evidence of the WTS fulfilling Bible prophecy: (2 Timothy 3:1-3) . . ."But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, . . ."

Doc

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

it does prove something else, too:

So-called "mentally diseased" people have more affection, humanity and good sense than full-fledged, 'titled' JWs.

What does it say when mentally diseased people are better than the "best", "most loving" people on earth?

[edit]

"No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family."
    Awake! 2009 July p.29

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

The Jehovah Witness religion is a family destroying cult. I hope lurkers out there wake up and see this evil 8 members Governing Body cult for what it really is. I can't believe at one time I was an elder in this twisted organization.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Disgusting and cruel behavior to say the least

• Reality79
    Reality79

The organisation of JEHOVAH WICKEDNESS at its finest.

Sad. Very sad.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I think Jehovah's Witnesses are the only religion that truly feel the more they abuse someone, the more that person will want to be part of the group. They've taken "tough love" to an incomprehensibly cruel level.

Bingo! Although I doubt there is any data they have that could suggest that this actually works! I mean, people should be flooding back! This story made me physically angry.

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

It's all about "Leverage" with family, I am very sorry the death of her father was kept as something Watchtower-Fungible, what a sorry bunch of assholes. If this has not happened to another person very close to me, I would be shocked! This is not uncommon, there is something wrong with a Cult who allows somebody who think's for themselves, (Nice way of saying somebody who does not agree with the load of bullshit from Watchtower's Bullshit Mountain (Daily Show Tmk) to not know about a death of a family member, I hate the Cult now!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit