Disrupting literature carts

by perfect1 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

This brings back memories of my being set upon by some older worldly childhood peers who pushed me off my bicycle when I was doing my magazine route as a kid of maybe 8 or 9. I ended up with grazed knees and a bleeding lip. Awake magazines were strewn over the grass verge. A nice Catholic lady rescued me, phoned my mother who came and picked up me up and for a good few weeks the local congregation used my brave example as proof that our organization was the truth.

I am against any form of publically harassing Witnesses going about their lawful activities. I do not find it funny - even if there is no claimed intent to carry out sundry acts against these basically law-abiding and unobjectionable people. The OP comes across as just another OTT instance of bullying.

• iamwhoiam
    iamwhoiam

The reason the WT is getting more and more controlling and the GB are getting more involved is because they are losing power over thier current followers (not to mention money flow). Its a house of cards...just be patient; no need to commit a crime. They are not too big to fail as some might suggest.

• perfect1
    perfect1

Dear all,

Thank you for correcting my wrong thinking in this matter. Yes its true, I am a childish bully, and not above illegalism. You got me.

Now give me your lunch money!

Just want to update to say I DID manage to disrupt the literature carts in a very legal way, and you can too.

the answer:

STREET MUSICIANS.

In some areas where I live, these lovely musicians set up shop right next to the carts. If you see them, support them with a voluntary contribution. I did!

There was a group of African American JWs, and right beside them a white man singing the blues, rather loudly and badly. It was fun to drop a dollar in his guitar case.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I was in Washington DC at Union staion last week where the cart and a few sisters were standing. Accross the street there was a very large man who appeared to be homeless yelling at them. It was quite funny what he was saying, unfortunately I could not hang around.

The best thing is to ignore these - from what I see, everyone else does. Even making eye contact with these folks is pretty painful.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I can understand the sentiment but don't bother wasting your time. When I finally fade away from this religion I have no intention of wasting any time in ineffectual activities that simply reinforce their persecution complex and give them a false justification for my spirtual "weakness". Walk on and do something more valuable with your time.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Set up a sandwich board that says, "this is a cult", with an arrow pointing to the JWs. Have flyers with info about why it's a cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit