JW history buffs questions for you.

by Crazyguy 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I was reading the book 'Time at Hand' By Russell dated 1889 volume 2. In the book Russell says that the 'day of the lord',' day of trouble' started in 1873.

I thought he was with Boubor on the time of Jesus so called start of his heavely kingdom to be 1878, of course after Boubor prodicted 1878 as the year for Armagedon and it didnt happen so he substituted "his Presence" instead. But this book seems to state other wise?? Please advise.

Also after Russell's perdiction of armagedon in 1914-15 did happen, didnt Rutherford say some thing to the effect that 'Yes the time had ended the gentile times, and were now in a new age and thats why that generation would not die etc. What did he acctually say and in what book can I find that???

Thanks.

• trujw
    trujw

I think the day of The Lord is still a reference to his presence. Could be wrong. I have the same book 1911 edition god how can you read it page for page

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The description of the dates changed over time, as predictions failed, but basically

1874 - Start of Jesus presence/Day of the Lord, as trujw said

1878 - Start of Jesus heavenly rulership

See http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/1800s.php

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One day the WTS will drop 1914 as a date of significance just like all the other past dates of significance.

Thats freedom of religion in America folks.

Interesting that these preachers who professed certain dates /years of significance were also publishing

and distributing their own literature such as William Miller from the early 1800's , Nelson Barbour,

C T Russel, J Rutherford, Herbert Armstrong, Harold Camping, Jack Van Impe and there's many more.

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

Barbour and Russell didn't predict armageddon for 1878. They expected "translation" to heaven.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Buy Greg Stafford's "Three Dissertations on the Teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses" if you are interested in researching JW eschatology. It has quite a thorough review packed full of quotes going way back.

http://www.elihubooks.com/content/books_media.php

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I ain't no history "buff" but I remember it like jwfacts says:

The description of the dates changed over time, as predictions failed, but basically

1874 - Start of Jesus presence/Day of the Lord, as trujw said

1878 - Start of Jesus heavenly rulership

See http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/1800s.php

They covered themselves and said just about every date. From my recollection, 1914 was originally 40 years out (one 'generation') from 1874 and the generation that saw the beginning of the end would see the end of the end.

• Elijehovah
    Elijehovah

You have it crossed and wrong as most do if they study the books with hate to find fault.

The 4128bc Adam gave them an 1872AD year of 6000 of Adam. This was not Armageddon because 4128bc was not yet the 7th day. Russell did not write his first article until 1876, and did not write his first book until 1877. The 1874 year 6000 was Adventist, 30 years after Adventist Miller's 1844. In predicting Adventist 1874 the concept was taught that Exodus was 1615bc (before changed to 1515bc then 1513bc). The entry 40 years later was 1575bc. Jubilees of 50 years cycled to the year 626-625bc as the last before 607bc destruction. As the last Jubilee then a 50th as 50x 50 years to the year 1873-1874, or 1674-1875bc. The issue was of BC-AD confused the matter with 2500th being 2499 years. This is ALL before Russell and Adventist teaching for Russell. (Advent is all about The Coming or The Presence). This 1874 was thus presumed to be 6000 back to Day 6 which implies it to be Eve's creation ending that Day in 4126bc when Adam is an adult 2 years old. The 7 times by Russell then ends 40 years after 1874 and so he put his faith in it. If you check out true chronology from a 4025bc Adam (1am) to 2370bc Flood (1656am) then you will find that a 360-day calendar year begins year 6000 in 1913 and ends 6000 in 1914 as discovered by me Elijah from 1983-1997.

The 1878 is 3 1/2 years after 1874 stating Jesus collects his temple to heaven. This is where you have it wrong saying it is Armageddon when Russell has already published his 1877 book that the nations will end in 1914. Sadly my heart was disillusion last year in 2013 by being amazed at a New Orleans magician so that i gifted him an 1877 fifty cent piece i have carried in my wallet since 1990 when my prediction of the Gulf war came true (presuming the 7 years to a 1997 Armageddon asteroid. I valued it because it was the year Russell published and i was trusting 120-year warning from 1876 to 1996, ignoring that my NEW CITY extended to the year 2008-2009 with Nehemiah and Ezra and Malachi. The magician was so thankful that he showed me that the rope passed thru his hand because he wears a rubber fake thumb over his thumb. How simple religion like magicians can deceive their people. And look what i gave up for the answer that i didnt ask him to give me. I truly now see the secret was not worth the price i so willingly surrended. Much like Josephus who writes of the Roman General's wife who accepts to meet Mars in his temple and it becomes the adulterous gigolo who wanted to lay her, so upon the next day saying i had you, so give me some more today, her husband burned down Rome's temple of Mars and slaughter the priests who accepted the rich gigolo's payment (donation).

BUT so many claim predictions that fail were Armageddon; like the 1878 which was not, it was a rapture failure 36 years before 1914 Armageddon But this 1914 thus also had its invisible 3 1/2 years to 1918/1919 (the freeing from jail of a church-caused attack) as if a sign that the saints had been raised to heaven, starting with the 12 apostles. So too thousands accuse the 1925 (to 1928) earthly resurrection to the California Hotel Bethseda as an Armageddon failure. This is not true, it is an attacking lie. The 1914 is 960 years of the saints in heaven after 40 years on earth because it is 1000 from 1874. Then in 1925 it is 50 years from 1874 with 950 more to end that 1000-year reign. And it taught that this jubilee would begin flesh raised on earth. YES this is during the 1000 years. BUT this is stupid because save Viet Nam and the Catholics pick them all up. Save Korea and the Pentecostal and evangelists pick them up. If Abram awakes before Armageddon there will be a wicked world ready to snatch him up to say he is with us not with the Catholics, not with the JWs. There is no way an earthly mass resurrection would begin before wiping out the ones who think they'd collect them under their wing. BUT the point is that the liar will say it was Armageddon that failed in 1925. Now when i returned to my ministry by retiring in 2007. God Jehovah rewarded me by showing that the NEW CITY dates show that Jehovah deliberately left the WatchTower in 1925 so that Satan would come in from 1925-1928, and do the same to it as he did in Persia from 50 jubilees ago in 523-520bc. For 3 years the stones lay uncounted. So then the first date after 1914 isnt when Darius said Jehovah's name is on the temple (520bc and 1931 AD), but now here even the stupid issue of the 1925 prophecy is part of that sign that jehovah will force the saints to be Esther, as Mordecai likewise said to her to comply or you will be replaced. What was bad, error and sin, Jehovah has made good of it.

• Band on the Run
  • Viviane

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit