Blood Moons in the Passover being a sign... Debunked pretty easily

by ILoveTTATT 21 Replies latest jw friends

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Neither lunar eclipse in 2014 will be viewable from Israel.

The Americas will see them. In October, the Eastern side will see the eclipse as the Moon is setting, so it may well appear blood-red - something for the JWs at HQ to marvel at (nice timing - when eschatological excitement will probably be at its highest).

• jgnat
    jgnat

Lame, I loooove cool links! Thanks.

• scotoma
    scotoma

JW's are going to be surprised when they find out that Babylon the Great isn't false religion.

That will be the shocker for them.

Babylon the Great is identified by its wealth. Wealth that is so immense that all those who have ships at sea are rich due to it's shameless luxury.

Babylon (Urban Dictionary) Used to indicate a strong and powerful, yet corrupted and immoral place. A city in bible propecy. Some believe it may be the future fate of the United States. Prophecies:

(Revelation 14:8) A second Angel followed, calling out, "Ruined, ruined, Great Babylon ruined! She made all the nations drunk on the wine of her whoring!"

(Revelation 16:19) The Great City split three ways, the cities of the nations toppled to ruin. Great Babylon had to drink the wine of God's raging anger--God remembered to give her the cup!

(Revelation 17:5) A riddle-name was branded on her forehead: GREAT BABYLON, MOTHER OF WHORES AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

(Revelation 18:2) his voice thunderous: Ruined, ruined, Great Babylon, ruined! A ghost town for demons is all that's left! A garrison of carrion spirits, garrison of loathsome, carrion birds.

(Revelation 18:10) They'll keep their distance for fear they'll get burned, and they'll cry their lament: Doom, doom, the great city doomed! City of Babylon, strong city! In one hour it's over, your judgment come!

(Revelation 18:21) A strong Angel reached for a boulder--huge, like a millstone--and heaved it into the sea, saying, Heaved and sunk, the great city Babylon, sunk in the sea, not a sign of her ever again.

(Revelation 18:24) The only thing left of Babylon is blood-- the blood of saints and prophets, the murdered and the martyred. "Oh, Babylon, the whole earth has drank the maddness in your wine. Now a day has come when you must pay for every crime."

• scotoma
    scotoma

Love..TTAT,

You expressed a slight wave of anxiety on another post about "blood-moon".

Obviously you continue to grapple with this idea.

Relax.

There would have to be a cry of peace and security before the April 14 memorial.

Such an event would be a cue to pay attention. But you would still need some situation that would emerge comparable to the Roman armies presence in the first century. Perhaps a nuclear terrorist attack might be big enough to shock people. I can't think of anything else that would be significant.

If something qualified for "the disgusting thing" then it would be a good time to throw your lot in with the JW's if they show they have a reasonable explanation and a good plan. Even if events were to match this scenario I wouldn't do ANYTHING just because someone told me. I would still need to see a demonstration of some kind of sensible objective.

Anyhow there are 75 days to April 14. So whatever happens - something or nothing - the Watchtower hasn't given any information on this.

• prologos
    prologos

and the UN has only 70 days to attack and finish religion. and they have to seriously ruin& destroy the earth, scrap all those non-proliferation deals, carbon-reduction deals, is that on fast-track?

enjoy the passing earth shadow show.

• scotoma
    scotoma

prologos:

Babylon the Great is not False Religion.

False Religion is a placeholder explanation for Babylon the Great.

Babylon the Great is a political entity that the faithful have to flee.

If they understood the real meaning of Babylon The Great they would at that point be obligated to flee.

They can't know the real meaning of Babylon the Great untiil they absolutely need to.

In the meantime they believe in the World Empire of False Religion non sense which is nebulous enough to obscure any need for actual literal flight.

You must not have read my above quote from Urban Dictionary about Babylon

• scotoma
    scotoma

Addition to post...

The reason I quoted the Urban dictionary as a source is to illustrate what simple street intuition suggests as to the meaning of Babylon the Great beyond the convoluted Watchtower explanation. "Every schoolboy knows..."

The Watchtower also is wrong about the United Nations destroying Babylon the Great.

The final showdown in Daniel which takes place before the Great Tribulation is the King of the North against the King of the South.

This ought to parallel the showdown in Revelation which is the Wild Beast (King of the North) vs. Babylon the Great (King of the South).

Not that anyone cares. And there will be no final exam questions.

• prologos
    prologos

scotoma, Thank you. English is not my first or second language, so I have difficulty making hnown that I am trying to be sarcastic, not scary.

read it please as if my tongue is firmly planted in cheek.

• scotoma
    scotoma

prologos,

Your english seems fine to me.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Ok, well once again the dubs seem to be the joiners. Probably claiming it was their idea, as they usually do. There's a xian book out about this.

prologos, I never knew this wasn't your 1st language.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit