Ex- Jehovers Witnesses finds Christ...

by new hope and happiness 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

It makes total sence to me Humbled. may i quote Buddah :-" Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sence" ...and thats why i gave up on the Bible and the W.T.

• LucidChimp
    LucidChimp

I think in life people do what they can't not do.

Also, believers often just believe what they are scared not to

I've been talking to a friend recently who believes in the whole "illuminati/rap video hand sign/agenda 21" stuff. She is now going to church because of some kind of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" train of logic. She thinks the bible is corrupted and can't be trusted... However, refuses to admit that her belief in the biblical god and his son doesn't make sense - if the bible can't be trusted.

She is scared of hell/annihilation and says it's an A or B choice. Pick your side.

To many people Atheist sounds like Satanist.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Not a JW here, but my beliefs have gone through a radical revision through the years. This weekend my daughter confronted me about my changing beliefs, and how distressing this is for her. I told her that part of who I am is to constantly re-examine and investigate what I believe, and that hasn't changed. It wasn't the answer she wanted. You guys would relate to this I am sure, because she looks at me like I am getting words from Satan himself.

When she is in that frame of mind I stop challenging her altogether. If she can't hear me, what's the point?

• steve2
    steve2

There is an ancient Indian saying that acknowledges we are all learning and never quite arrive at "finding" the absolute truth about life:

"To the best of my knowledge, this is what I know to be true at this point in time".

Many, many people raised in, or subscribing to, detailed beliefs on the purpose and meaning of life have a low tolerance for humbly acknowledging we humans are often groping in the dark. They prefer absolute declarations on life - even though they may later be proved to be inaccurate, if not totally misguided - than to simply acknowledge that their cherished beliefs are "what they know to be true at this point in time".

• humbled
    humbled

You know, Jgnat, if I have heard you at all, you have had a consistent voice or perspective in outlook that your daughter may appreciate as she talks more to you.

You seemed to allow for a "god" who was reasonable and loving. When your knowledge expanded, you were still open to that god. If your posts on the epic tsunami thread are a fair measure of where you are now, then your estimate of the Christian God of the bible doesn't meet the original criteria you held. god is not found there.

At any rate, I know I have changed. The God of the bible is man's creature. But I am still exploring the Good that we all long for.

I hope she lets herself talk more about this.

take care, Maeve

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Well when a person challenges there beliefs, it can be scary for those close to them.Its nice however if this can be debated.But its also nice if it doesnt need to be debated. I mean i am a much calmer person now i left the witnesses. I think the transformation in myself is the loudest voice. I feel at peace.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Was Christ lost?

Rub a Dub

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Rubadub: if he exists i think he must of lost heart with his " followers" .

Anyway i exchanged him for 12 men in Brooklyn and yes i still cant find him.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Anyway i exchanged him for 12 men in Brooklyn and yes i still cant find him.

New Hope ...

Don't you just hate when that happens

Rub a Dub

• steve2
    steve2

Was Christ lost?

Rub a Dub

No, he was hiding. And boy is he mad that another person has found him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit