I blew off a 25 min. service meeting part tonite

by Leander 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Leander
    Leander

I told the presiding overseer that I'd probably be late getting home from work. But I actually spent my time driving around and enjoying the spring weather.

In other news I'll be going in for a job interview tomorrow within the company. I'm really hoping I land this job, because as soon as I can secure a new position (my old one is being phased out) I'll be exiting the stage of the JW comedy of errors.

Stay tuned for more details, I plan on writing a blow by blow account of my big finale

Just as an afterthought I've been kinda secretly wishing a JW spy would discover my identity and turn me in. It might save me a lot of trouble ;^)

• TR
    TR

Hi Leander,

What a fine way to spend a day-sans the meeting, and the part you had! What a truly lovely day.

TR

UADNA-WA
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America- Washington Division

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

leander, you bad bad boy!

i love it!

can't wait to read all about your exit to freedom and your journey out

hugs to ya!

love
    harmony

ps. good luck on the interview tomorrow! crossing fingers for ya hun

• Robdar
    Robdar

Leander,
    Why are you waiting until you get the promotion to quit the borg? There's no time like the present...

It will be interesting to hear your story. We'll stayed tuned.

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

I will pray tonight that you get the position you are interviewing for.

Lizard

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Leander,

Give us some hints so that we can rat you out. Where do you live? What congo do you do to? oopps, is that too obvious?

Can't wait to hear how you will be exiting.

Hugs,
    j2bf

• COMF
    COMF

Wow... I remember blowing off meetings, too. It was such a wonderfully warm, luxurious feeling, to be doing something just for myself for a change instead of always for that religion. A gift to myself... evidence of love. It was glorious! Congratulations on loving yourself enough to do it, Leander.

COMF

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
    Moves on: nor all your piety nor wit
    Shall lure it back to cancel half a line,
    Nor all your tears wash out a word of it.

• Simon
    Simon

Shame on you Leander! I'm sure there is now a thunderbolt with your name on it, lol

Good luck with the job interview - hope it works out!

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Yes, blowing off the meetings was one of the more joyfull times of my exit process! Nothing quite like the feeling of doing what you want knowing that the rest of the JWs are silently suffering through YABM - Yet Another Boring Meeting(TM)

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Back when I was a conciencious dub, if I ever missed a meeting or service (for a good reason), I would cringe around so that no one saw me. It was totally embarassing to be seen driving around on a Saturday morning by a car group from your book study.

Well, I've gotten over that. Typically, on a Saturday morning, my son and I will go to MacDonald's for breakfast, then hit a few garage sales, or do something else fun. And if I run into a car group, I actually feel better, because I know how freakin miserable they are. They are just waiting for the coffee break, whereas my morning is nothing but coffee break. Yahoo!

I feel like a free person, walking around the outside of a prison, while the inmates stare at me through the fence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit