I blew off a 25 min. service meeting part tonite

by Leander 17 Replies latest jw friends

• circe2
    circe2

COMF,

I was going to say the same thing.

I relished getting up on Sunday morning, having my coffee, making an omelet and reading a good book. I'd sit outside, listen to the birds sing and just "be".

So much more spiritual than setting foot inside a Kingdom Hall.

circe

• JBean
    JBean

Hi Leander! Haven't posted here for a while 'cos I've been on vacation... but all I have to say is: GOOD FOR YOU! Jbean

• Prisila
    Prisila

I am sooooo proud of you, I hope your wife jumps on the ban-wagon soon! I'm going through the same. I haven't attended a meeting in the last week and a half. YIPEE for me!!!

• Matty
    Matty

Leander, right now I am at work, and I am going home to get ready for the meeting. I haven't got to your stage yet! (Yes, I can hear all you lot cluck & cackle!)

We are all going to be crossing our fingers for you tomorrow. (something else I've been told I can't do!)

• Scully
    Scully

Short story here:

Back in the early days of our exit process from the bOrg, if we blew off a meeting or service, we'd stay home because we didn't want to "get caught" doing something fun. Then we thought "Hey! if everyone is at the meeting like they're supposed to be, then they're not going to know if we're at home or not." So we started doing fun stuff like going to movies on cheap night (School & Service Meeting night) or out for dinner.

One time we actually did "get caught" by a car group in service one Saturday morning while we were checking out garage sales. One of the elders cornered me and said "So this is how you show your love for neighbour, eh?" I smiled and said, "You know the rest of that scripture, don't you?? How I'm supposed to love my neighbour as I love myself?? I figure I'm about 20 years behind in learning how to do that, because I spent so much time doing what you're doing right now. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a lot of catching up to do." Then I went right back to poking around the garage sale.

I have to admit, that sure felt good!

Love, Scully

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Scully:

You should have said to the elder, "Well, let's just ask this householder which one of us he's happier to see at his door." That should settle the love of neighbor debate.

• SYN
    SYN

This thread rocks! I also remember the sweet, sweet joy of pottering about with my C++ compiler on nights when the rest of my family were still going to meetings! And when they came back looking all bored and frustrated, I was glowing with excitement! Yah!

"If men were like their personal ads, they wouldn't need personal ads."

• Scully
    Scully

RunningMan:

Good one!! I'll have to remember that, considering garage sale season is coming up again VERY soon!! (that is, unless Armageddon comes first )

Love, Scully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit