Inserting pictures from Flickr

by Etude 25 Replies latest forum tech-support

• Etude
    Etude

While I was not able to find a good link, I was able to post using the HTML insertion tool and the code provided by Flickr. I guess that will have to do for now. Thanks everybody.

Etude.

• Etude
    Etude

Hmm...Wait a minute. I was able to see the preview when editing the post. As soon as I submitted, the message appeared but not the picutres. What's up with that?

• Etude
    Etude

OK. I found a way around that. It seems that the HTML code provided by Flickr does not insert the picture but creates a windowed link to Flickr itself, complete with arrows to navigate. I imagine that JWNet will remove the code and that's why I didn't get the "picture". However, before submitting, I pulled the context menu on the displayed photo and got the link to it. When I inserted that link via the image insertion tool, I got a preview and it seems it works.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Testing 1 [insert pic using image tool]

No pic. Hm.

Testing 2 [working link to pic by c&p]

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r632/AnnOMaly/Nisan%202014/NewMooncrescentNisan2014_TorahCalendar_zps0e937f94.jpg

Testing 3 [apply hyperlink to text using hyperlink tool]

WORKING LINK TO PIC <---- Unlinks at posting.

Hm.

Hey Simon! Please fix

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Hi Ann, I got the link to work for me, but being an astronomical thickie, I was not quite sure if your point was that the WT has perhaps by some fluke, got Nisan 14 right this year, or not.

I am aware that they differ by one day with the Jewish date, but by using their published method, are the WT correct that 6pm (ish) starts Nisan 14th on April14th this year ?

Edited to say : I have just noticed your new thread on this, I will post any questions there, if I have any after reading it, thanks.

• OwnAccord
    OwnAccord

Test - Having problems inserting images too

Got it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit