Inserting pictures from Flickr

by Etude 25 Replies latest forum tech-support

• Etude
    Etude

Hello:

Can anyone provide steps for inserting a picture here from Flickr? I can get the image URL from Flickr but when I try to insert it here, it will not display. As far as a I know, the image is set to public, but I'm not sure how to check.

Thanks.

Etude.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

testing

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

It worked for me.

I right clicked the photo chose "view all sizes-> original"

From there I right clicked and chose "view image". View image might be called something different based on your browser. I'm using firefox.

Now the image should be on the page all by itself. I copied the url and pasted it into the add image tool

Mine link was http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2408/1792554131_6696f5629d_o.jpg

Note: linking like this might be against the terms of service but if they close my account i don't really care.

See the "Where is the HTML code and photo file link?" section on flicker for the method they want you to use.

http://www.flickr.com/help/photos/#2265887

• Etude
    Etude

I've done this once before but can't remember from which service. When I try using your steps, I get the following statement:

" Are you sure you want to continue without including an Image Description? Without it the image may not be accessible to some users with disabilities, or to those using a text browser, or browsing the Web with images turned off. "

This time, I entered a description. Then, I get a broken-image icon. As I recall, when pasting the image URL in the dialog box, a sample of it appears. I get none. Could it be that the image is not set to public? I'm not sure how to change that in Flickr.

• Etude
    Etude

OK. I went back to Flickr and selected the picture to display in either 500 (x 374) or "original" size and then selected "Edit" for the license. Then I checked the (green) box "Anyone can see this photo", which shows a checked radio button "Anyone (Public)" and saved it. It still does not display in the preview when inserting here and does not display in the post.

• Etude
    Etude

Incidently, the picture will not post on FaceBook either, using the URL. There, I receive and "Error" in red.

• Etude
    Etude

The actual FB message is "Bad Image" "There was a problem with the image file." At one point (it's not doing it anymore) received a security challenge (ID and Password) dialog for Flickr. it didn't work.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I'm not sure flickr has the capability to transfer files directly from its servers to another web site via URL. ????

In any case what you can do is download the picture file you want to your own computer, then open a Photo Bucket account,

when in PB upload the picture to its servers, every picture there has a direct URL address which you can right click and copy.

Post the picture here using the insert image tool icon and paste the URL at the top, click OK and wallah.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

By the way I tried transferring the file to here using the picture's URL while in flickr and it didn't work for me ????

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

Can you just paste the link without trying to use the image insertion tool?

The " Are you sure you want to continue without including an Image Description?..." message is fine. I generally skip the description.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit