My take on the meeting yesterday.

by integ 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• integ
    integ

Some of you are aware of where i'm at with this whole thing. I still occasionally go to meetings for family reasons but my attendance has been lack luster at best. I'd say I go about once a month if that.

I empathize with those who are wary of taking the ultimate stand for fear of losing their family. I get it. It's pretty heavy to have to face that and almost evil that the society has created that scenario. How ingeniously devious of them.

When you step away from the daily witness grind and then pop in for a meeting or two you see it with more accurate eyes.

The children at the hall are noticeably miserable. You can see it in their eyes and it's written all over their faces. It's boring. It's the same old crap they've been saying for decades. It amazes me people are so dense to still buy all the crap they are selling. So amazed I really think there is a large percentage who actually DON'T buy it but are compelled to go thru the motions.

I wish the GB had the guts to give people a choice to leave w/ out repucussions and leave it to Jah to exact judgement if He so desires, but no. They won't. They can only rule w control and fear.

The WT study was an endless drone of echoing the paragraph and pathetic personal proclamations of their commitment to following orders no matter what they are.

Mindless robots. Just a bunch of miserable Xanax addicted drones.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I wish the GB had the guts to give people a choice to leave w/ out repucussions and leave it to Jah to exact judgement if He so desires, but no. They won't. They can only rule w control and fear.

There's no money and power in letting people make up their own mind.

I don't believe god exists so IMHO the mythical Jah won't do a thing about it all. Sadly, there is no divine justice. Just GB members living a rock star lifestyle.

• sir82
    sir82

Why would the GB "just let people go"?

They live a fanastic life now - power, prestige, the perks of being wealthy without the tax worries. Plus, they have managed to convince themselves that they are the 8 most important humans in the entire universe - the almighty God himself picked them.

If you were that privileged, and that delusional, and had worked for 40 or more years to reach that pinnacle, would you just "let it go"?

Maybe you would, but all throughout history, 99.99% of humans in a similar position have fought to the bitter end to maintain their grip on power.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I just watched an interview of Jay Leno on 60 Minutes. he said something very interesting about his job. He said the greatest thing was the love and admiration and applause that he gets from the fans. How many people get that in their jobs??. That's what he will miss.

Now think of the GB and the Overseers. They live a similar life. They can serve the sheep spiritual s**t and the sheep eat it up. Not only that, they adore and the GB for serving it up hot and fresh. Just imagine the adulation of millions of followers who would literally die to obey you.

If there is any doubt in anyone's mind that the JWs worship the Organization and the SLAVE, those doubts should be non-existent after Sunday's WT study indoctrination session.

DD

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I really think they are so insulated from the criticism that it doesn't come into their minds to think about it. All they get is the ass kissing from their bethel buddies, from the rank and file when they go out in public, and its international - everywhere they go.

I'm sure their mail is screened out along with their phone calls, they aren't dealing with angry apostates on a daily basis so why would they even think there is a problem?

• rocketman
    rocketman

When I was an elder, I'd sometimes stand at the back of the auditorium during the meetings, and just look at those in attendance sitting in their seats. I'd say to myself 'if not for them (their willingness to obey jw doctrine), I'd have no authority'.

This is how it likely is with the GB. Take away the rank-and-file, and their authority is gone.

• BU2B
    BU2B

At the meeting I attended yesterday, It was scary to hear the WT conductor and the audience rehash over and over last weeks orders to obey even when it does not make sense, just do it. The dubs were putting on a show to compete to show just how loyal they could be. I believe that if there ever was poison kool-aid, and they knew what it was, they would fight over the last cup to prove how loyal they are to "Jehovah and his organization" Makes me want to throw up. Even worse is seeing my wifes head bob up and down in silent agreement out of the corner of my eye. :(

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

This sums it up for me. Being an outsider, and going back for a visit in September, was a jarring experience:

When you step away from the daily witness grind and then pop in for a meeting or two you see it with more accurate eyes.

But this... makes me sick to my stomach. I don't know why, but I thought people would have learned lessons from history, regarding blind obedience:

The dubs were putting on a show to compete to show just how loyal they could be... they would fight over the last cup...

Yikes!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

There are some great comments here! I reaffirms my own thinking when someone posts the identical things that go through my mind.

OP: It amazes me people are so dense to still buy all the crap they are selling. So amazed I really think there is a large percentage who actually DON'T buy it but are compelled to go thru the motions.

I sit and think the same thing. How can anyone still buy into this? Yet I did it for decades.

And, I agree, surely there are LOTS more of us who know or suspect TTATT but are just going through the motions.

LOSTGEN: I really think they are so insulated from the criticism that it doesn't come into their minds to think about it. All they get is the ass kissing from their bethel buddies, from the rank and file when they go out in public, and its international - everywhere they go.

It reminds me of elections. It was said that Mitt Romney was shocked that he lost, yet everyone in this country (and maybe beyond) knew he was going to be trounced. Why? He was so insulated from real people. His cronies in the campaign just kept telling him what he wanted to hear instead of what he needed to hear (the truth). They wanted to keep drawing their paychecks for a few more weeks/months.

So too with the GB. They are only in association with those that adore and worship them. Anyone that would dare hint at anything negative couldn't get within and inch of them, and if they did, the GB member would be incensed at the insolent peon who dared ridicule them.

Doc

• Notmyfirstrodeo
    Notmyfirstrodeo

I'm new to examining these kind of comments

to BHU2B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit