Notmyfirstrodeo

to BU2B - what was the exact article this was from, please

• Notmyfirstrodeo
  • Notmyfirstrodeo
    Notmyfirstrodeo

BUB2--why do you still go?

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

It's boring. It's the same old crap they've been saying for decades. It amazes me people are so dense to still buy all the crap they are selling. So amazed I really think there is a large percentage who actually DON'T buy it but are compelled to go thru the motions.

My own thoughts exactly. I just can't understand how they can keep doing it year after year after year AD NAUSEUM. They couldn't make the meetings more boring if they tried! It's bizarre. I really feel sorry for the kiddies. Such a child unfriendly religion (terrible boring long meetings, field slavish, no birthdays or Christmas or Easter eggs, no after-school sports or parties, mummy and daddy will let me die if I need a blood transfusion, a paedophile in every congregation).

• billythekid46
    billythekid46

I don’t remember Christ Teachings to be boring, but then again the Jews killed him, so nobody really got a chance for Christ speeches to be repetitious. This comment is not for the Atheist, or Creationist, but for True Christians that don’t blaspheme against the word of God. Mind you by following God’s written word in the bible, NOT RELIGION: From the King James Bible 1611 Apostle Paul wrote @ Timothy 3: 12 Yea, and all that will lieu godly in Christ Jesus, shall suffer persecution. 13 But evil men and seducers shall wade worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceiued. 14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned, and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them. 15 And that from a childe thou hast known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make thee wise onto salvation through faith which is in Christ Iesus. 16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, & is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished onto all good works.

What does it accomplish to talk or write negative comments about JW’s? Nothing, but then again, everything. Will it bring down the Watchtower? No, but it makes us feel better to speak our truth it helps those who are seeking answers about this religion, it exposes the lies, the hypocrisy, the abuse of power.

YOU PEOPLE JUST DISCRIBED EVERY RELIGION KNOWN TO MAN. What makes all religion any better? The Catholic Church has being lying and hidings written works in order for people of the Catholic faith don’t wonder off since the 12 Century. What MAKES as you said YOUR TRUTH anymore tangible. If that’s your understanding, then the LIES, HYPOCRISY, AND ABUSE OF POWER comes from your end along side Catholics, Advents, Islam, Mormons, Evangelist, and Judaism ETC. So once again, what makes you any better? To speak the truth is not to force your view point on others, without corrupting bible principles. Your all theologians I assume. Theology basically started in the 1800's. Those who truly studied the bible are the remnants of what is taught today. PICK AND CHOSE ONE, OR MAKE YOUR OWN BECAUSE GOD GAVE YOU A BETTER UNDERSTANDING THAN THE REST OF US, AND THEN MOVE ON. All religions publish literature for everyone to read. What makes the JW’s literature any more special? The point of views of all religion is for all of us to decide what is the truth, unless you have a direct line to Yahweh, and then I really want to meet such a special person, as all written works of the bible were inspired by God for men to write it. I don’t mean god came to him in a dark alley like Mohammad or Jesus walked with me in a desert like Joseph Smith or I greet God every day in a dark room surrounded by gold to shake God’s hand like the Pope.

Agnosticism

Irreligion

Naturalism

Secularism

During negotiations leading to the Nazi-Vatican Concordat of April 26, 1933 Hitler stated that "Secular schools can never be tolerated" because of their irreligious tendencies. Hitler routinely disregarded this undertaking, and the Reich concordat as a whole and by 1939, all Catholic denominational schools had been disbanded or converted to public facilities, equal to atheism.

1. Christianity: 2.1 billion
    2. Islam: 1.3 billion: Try these people, they teach you to kill in the name of GOD, maybe that will keep you interested and awake.
    3. Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 1.1 billion, maybe this is better for you. You don’t have to hear God none sense, and you can be one with nature
    4. Hinduism: 900 million
    5. Chinese traditional religion: 394 million
    6. Buddhism: 376 million
    7. primal-indigenous: 300 million
    8. African Traditional & Diasporic: 100 million
    9. Sikhism: 23 million
    10. Juche: 19 million
    11. Spiritism: 15 million
    12. Judaism: 14 million
    13. Baha'i: 7 million
    14. Jainism: 4.2 million
    15. Shinto: 4 million
    16. Cao Dai: 4 million
    17. Zoroastrianism: 2.6 million
    18. Tenrikyo: 2 million
    19. Neo-Paganism: 1 million
    20. Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand
    21. Rastafarianism: 600 thousand
    22. Scientology: 500 thousand

Eastern Christianity

Orthodox Christians are also interesting. They also teach you to hate and kill mankind. You may want to join them in Africa Sudan area. Muslims and Christians are killing each other right now in the name of religion. This shouldn’t be boring for you.

Other groups related to Christianity

Some of these groups consider themselves to be Christian, or to be derived from Christianity, but they are considered heterodox or heretical by mainstream Christianity. Some of them are no longer extant.

EXAMPLE: Speaking in Tongues

Lehman Strauss taught Old Testament history for eight years at Philadelphia Bible Institute, and served as pastor of the Calvary Baptist Church, Bristol, Pennsylvania, from 1939 to 1957.

He was pastor of Highland Park Baptist Church (Highland Park, Michigan) until the end of 1963 when he resigned to devote full time to an itinerant Bible conference and evangelistic ministry both in the States and abroad. Dr. Strauss was residing in Florida and writing his 19th book at age 86 when the Lord called him home in June 1997. His written materials are used by permission.

All Bible-believing Christians who study the Word of God are in agreement that the gift of tongues is present in the inspired Scriptures.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Billythekid - I am sorry that was a lot to read so I skipped a load....sooooooooooo........tell us.......

What are you saying is the right religion then?

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

YOU PEOPLE JUST DISCRIBED EVERY RELIGION KNOWN TO MAN. What makes all religion any better?

Bingo. That's probably why many former JWs in this forum indentify more with agnostacisim or athiesm now more than with any one particular religion.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

INTEG and FAITHFUL WITNESS:

I know what you mean about seeing things with more accurate eyes when you have been away. I think this is why the religion wants to keep people on a treadmill of constant meeting attendance because once people stop and regain their senses and then go back, the absurdity is all too obvious.

During the earlier years of my "fade", I had attended a Sunday meeting or two. I was so sickened by what I was hearing that I could barely keep a straight face and not cringe. Anybody on the stage who might have been looking at me would have wondered what my problem was.

It was then I realized that it was pointless for me to set foot into a kingdom hall and listen to the garbage there. The temptation to blurt out something is too strong. No sense being there at all.

I missed the last two memorials because I could not stomach being there listening or even being around the phonies. I'm done even faking it.

• losingit
    losingit

Im curious to see what my reaction would be if I returned. My last few meetings and finally the DC I was so disgusted with the entire thing I could barely keep my thoughts under wrap. It'd be interesting to experience the shunning again. I haven't cared for so long about it.

Btw, Billy the Kid you sound just like RottenRiley who also just recently joined! Siblings or same person?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I am afraid of my rage if I ever returned. Well, I've been away so long I doubt the same people are there. I'm living in the city where I grew up. While I was driving through the old neighborhood in traffic, I past a new KH. It was new to me. They finally are out of the deep ghetto. Now they only border it. I fear being arrested. There was no reason why my parents could not have exposed me to a nicer environment. People always commented on my discipline at school and at work.

They never had to read JW lit or sit through a meeting. How many weeks can you count ceiling tile? I think of the meetings and the ignorant comments. College seems to be paradise in comparison.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit