What are the feelings/thoughts within 24-48 hours of exposure to an undeniably true (for you) TATT?

by NeverKnew 39 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Sorry yes my feelings cover about 6 months.. not 24 hours. Opps..

• 88JM
    88JM

OMG! OMG!, how do I get out of this.

This ^

607 was the killer blow for me

And this ^

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Like I'd just been handed the keys to my prison cell.

• Ding
    Ding

I was happy to have my uncertainty resolved.

I didn't have everything figured out, of course.

No one does.

But at least I knew the WT was wrong in several key areas.

• d
    d

I felt lost I was drowning in a deep viod of nothingness and I felt that all syestems of truth and morality meant nothing.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

NeverKnew:

I seem to remember there were a whole range of mixed emotions I felt when it was confirmed to me the religion's deceptions and covered up history. The feelings ranged from "kick yourself feelings", 'betrayal" and even a strange sense of "relief".

I can't say I felt sad, though. The only thing that is sad, in my case, was the wasted years. But, someone once explained to me that I could have been in a bad marriage for those years. So, that's how I look at it...

Feelings of anger came later as I assessed the the whole picture. Over the years, after re-arranging my life, making new friends, new activities, etc. the anger has pretty much subsided and I can say, for the most part, I have moved on.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

I felt lost I was drowning in a deep void of nothingness and I felt that all systems of truth and morality meant nothing.

Statements like the above is the type of emotion I'm terrified they'll face for an extended period of time. I'm seeing phrases like "loss of identity" and Dis-member's journey that look a little frightening - especially for the gentle spirit that I know.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Great question. I faced that moment of truth and experienced a high level of anxiety, fear, and sadness.

I remember the exact moment, I got up from the computer (that damned Internet) walked over to a chair in the family room and stared into space finding it hard to even breath.

• mzmmom
    mzmmom

I could not learn enough fast enough. I felt relief that I hadn't "damned" my baby to eternal nothingness. I wanted to share everything I had learned with those still in. I was blessed with amazing friends who helped me understand Christianity. Seems like such a long time ago.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Neverknew: What question did you ask your friend?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit