Thoughts After Saturday Morning Service

by lambsbottom 16 Replies latest jw friends

• lambsbottom
    lambsbottom

I went through a long period of frustration after learning TTATT. One thing that helps is spending time with non-crazy JWs.

• suavojr
    suavojr

I can honestly say that at leat 98% of active Jdubs cannot explain what the WT currently teaches and has no idea what they used to teach. People are simply hoping for their own paradise to arrive

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

lambsbottom - Anyway, was just thinking how many awake JWs there are. I think we would be surprised at how many there are. A lot of JWs my age (around 30s) know whats up. Just my opinion, but I think that the generation behind me is going to buck the JW system so hard, there won't be any of them in the KHs.

Hi lambsbottom, If all awake JWs would stop donating money to the WTBTS, buying WTBTS materials, funding KH building/remodel projects, staying at WTBTS recommended hotels, teaching their children how to critically think for themselves, and really study the Bible instead of indoctrinate non-JWs with WTBTS's BITE control, the WTBTS would be bankrupt before the children of JWs now would grow up to be adults. Just my humble opinion.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

As for the 30's generation, we are the first generation to have the internet in our teens. However we may be the last generation of JW's to gain appreciation for the Bible from being a JW despite all of the noise & manipulation.

20 Years ago we had book study, and we were somewhat permitted to discuss bible topics amongst ourselves we also had freedom to express our opinion from the stage... We received enough spiritual nourishment.

The meetings now are only focused on GB worship and Brain Washing tactics... I don't think it is possible for a teenager to come to appreciate spirituality now.. For this reason a large percentage of young JW's don't leave the organization because its a lie, rather sin consumes them and they abondon a Christian lifestyle completely.

The internet and Apathy may result in a steep decline in Publishers.

sorry for my grammar.. I didn't go to high school or college, I home schooled & pioneered instead! : )

• label licker
    label licker

Welcome Lambsbottom:)

Bluesbrother I'm with you on that one. Once we woke up and found out the real truth about the truth, we had to stop going. Our conscience wouldn't allow us to go to the doors. Even if we were just using scriptures, the people at the doors would know us as jw's. Never would we want to represent something we desperately loathe. And never would we want to bring someone in to this falsehood "by accident" or pass this deceptive way of life onto the next generation of victims.

LL

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Wow SUAVOJR. . . I think you summed it up very consicely:

"People are simply hoping for their own paradise to arrive"

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I can explain the core doctrines of the jokehovians--in just one word. Communism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit