Observations about last nights meeting...

by DATA-DOG 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Legacy
    Legacy

@BluesBrother,

Bingo, you hit it...I would at times look over the congregation...& heads would be down,& I'm thinking, what are they doing? What they writing notes what?

You finally woke me up...they are reading...but not anything...JW'ish. Thanks for the eye opener.

Legacy

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

For me, the best part of the meeting was seeing the Elders doing multiple parts and having to run the microphones. Our KH is one where a brother must have 10hrs of "visible" servicer per month, for a year to be considered for an MS. NO AVERAGES, 10 hours. An Elder recently said from stage, " If you wonder to yourself why a brother is not appointed, it's because they don't qualify." So I felt great watching the tired and worn out Elders do even more man-made tasks. Their legalism is coming back to haunt them. I was very encouraged watching the show. The drink I had before the meeting helped too.

DD

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

I was there too my freind... may you have the strength to endure with me! :P

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

BluesBrother, I noticed you have been a member here since 2001, and you are still attending. Thats tough, I feel for you.

Remember, he who endures to the end is the one who will be saved. I'll ask the flying spaghetti monster to give you strength.

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

I feel pretty stupid, since I can't remember to have ever heard of 'Abbadon' before. I was a born-in and left at age 33, now 12 years ago... Who the h*ck was Abbadon before he was supposed to be Jesus???

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

[ chanting..] MAY HE PROTECT YOU.....

DD

• Syme
    Syme

DATA-DOG,

Thanks for sharing the experience, my own from that meeting was just about the same. It is *encouraging* to see that "those things happen to more of our brothers worldwide" .

And nice idea there with the alcohol! I hadn't thought of it myself! Now, that's a good idea; and maybe necessary, for one to cope with the ordeal of the attendance...

• NotNew
    NotNew

We weren't there thanks for sharing.

People in need will express hope for a better future! Isn't that what we all want? I did.

Just give it to me straight and let me figure it out! Don't force me to believe with mind controlling words!

SW

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Jehovah doesn't change??! Everything be does is motivatwd by love?? Wow... even if you tossed out the Old Testament, you still can't honestly say that.

These people never cease to amaze

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Been there done that, your post revives some bad memories.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit